Question on Cirque du Soleil shows

Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin

I have been looking at things I can pre-book and there is a Cirque show with dinner or with a drink.  We are in the Yacht Club, so have a restaurant and drinks included in our package.  I have read mixed reviews on the dinner at the Cirque show, so not sure I want to pay extra for it.  Can you attend the show without purchasing the dinner or drink package?  Or is it only available with one of those selections?

Also, from those who have sailed in YC....would you recommend purchasing the upscale package for dining or does the YC restaurant offer sufficient variety that we don't need to go upscale?  We matched to Black, so should be able to have 1 upscale through that.

This will be our first time on MSC, so trying to get the lay of the land.  The cruise is on the Bellissima in the Med, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!

I expect this should apply.  I haven't sailed Meraviglia yet but have multiple bookings, including YC.  I've not read any reviews of the Bellissima cirque shows, kidding.  Just look at the dinner with drink as an admission price, forget the drink part.  I skipped the dinner as I'm sure YC dinner would be better and regarding the non YC bookings the dinner tables are further from the stage so I also passed.  I purchased the trio dining package for the non-YC sailings and have not yet decided for the YC sailings, Black status will probably suffice.

We sailed on the Meraviglia last week. We did the cocktail and show. No dinner. Cost was 15 Euros. Basically, you walk in and grab a pre-made drink from trays at the bar. There’s no waiter service beyond that. 

We didn’t book the show before our cruise. We did it on the day we embarked the ship right on the MSC for Me App which we had downloaded on our phone. Very easy to do and we received confirmation right away. No problems getting reservations for the day we wanted.

We did notice that those passengers who booked before the cruise received an “invitation” that was placed at their door on their embarkation day. These passengers then had to take the invitation to either the Carousel Lounge or to the Cirque Du Soleil desk by the reception to select the show and time that they wanted. Every afternoon after new passengers boarded the ship, there would be a long line of passengers getting their show times selected. It seemed to me like waiting until boarding the ship to book the show and doing it all on the app was a much easier and expeditious way to do things, rather than standing in line. 

One word of advice: check your seat assignments well in advance of your performance. We didn’t check and didn’t learn until it was too late to make changes that we’d been assigned seats in the back of the theater all the way in a corner. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

I have been looking at things I can pre-book and there is a Cirque show with dinner or with a drink.  We are in the Yacht Club, so have a restaurant and drinks included in our package.  I have read mixed reviews on the dinner at the Cirque show, so not sure I want to pay extra for it.  Can you attend the show without purchasing the dinner or drink package?  Or is it only available with one of those selections? You can only go to the show by purchasing a meal or a cocktail, there is no other way or gaining entry.

Also, from those who have sailed in YC....would you recommend purchasing the upscale package for dining or does the YC restaurant offer sufficient variety that we don't need to go upscale? In my experience there was enough variety on the YC menu.

We matched to Black, so should be able to have 1 upscale through that. The Black members meal for two will be a limited choice (Taster Menu) from the main menu, you can't have free choice from the main menu unless you pay a surcharge

This will be our first time on MSC, so trying to get the lay of the land.  The cruise is on the Bellissima in the Med, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!

I hope this is useful to you

Pete