Divi and Orient Question

luvmykidz

Last year my husband and I we went to Orient Beach and enjoyed it, but this year we are bringing our 4 and 6 year old and are planning on Divi. Could someone compare sand, water color, surf and drop off for me? I read one post about Divi that concerned me that mentioned a drop off and deep water. Thanks

Here's Divi and then here's Orient.

Orient is head and shoulders ahead of Divi from every perspective except proximity to cruise terminal.

Your pictures make it look like the surf is a little more active at Orient than Divi - is that a fair statement? What was the general atmosphere of each beach? I'm looking for something suitable for my young children (age 8 and 5)...some activity and access to water sports, but not crazy, crowded and rowdy.

Orient is in a bay about 1.5 miles long. The level of surf activity, eventhough small, is always a little more at the far end of the beach because of the subsurface nature of the embayment. If you're worried about surf, you can pick and choose where you want to be on that 1.5 mile long stretch. There is almost no surf near Pedros. There are lots of opportunities for water activity and water sports for all ages. The general atmosphere is more of a lazy day except for within 3-4 bars where they have live music. In those cases its just the sound of the music if you're right next to the bar. You really don't see any crowded and rowdy action a la "spring break".

Divi is a relatively small hotel beach on Little Bay. It's mostly sit and stare at the sun.

Archived