Problem with Infinite Veranda, on the New Edge

tapemann

There is only One Room Darkening Blind. If Someone is up Early and wants to Sit on the Veranda and they open the Blind the Whole Room is flooded this light. CEL say they have NO plans to add a 2nd Blind so someone can sit on the Veranda and still keep the cabin Dark in the AM.

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Another reason this Edge skeptic has some concerns..,,,will see for myself if this ship will be a good fit for me.  I would say that for those who like to use their balcony the way the OP describes, it might not be a good fit for them, either.

Agreed.  My husband is the early riser.  He'd have to dress and leave the cabin if we were to sail on Edge. 

IV cabins are Oceanview cabins with floor to ceiling windows! Windows open but cant be used as balcony the way we are used to on S and M class ships!

also no sky lounge or area looking forward for other than suite guests is not good.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Sounds like they need to add curtains on the outside of the folding doors. Do they not test these cabins out with passengers before finalizing them???

My impression is that they were interested in what would look good, much more than what actual passengers would like.  If it looks cool, it must be cool, right? :classic_dry:

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 3

Does that mean that you can never be on the balcony with the drapes or blinds closed?  Many times during the day or getting ready for the evening one of us will be on the balcony while the other is in cabin changing clothes or coming out of the shower.   

Doesn't seem to provide much privacy .

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

4 hours ago, miched said:

Does that mean that you can never be on the balcony with the drapes or blinds closed?  Many times during the day or getting ready for the evening one of us will be on the balcony while the other is in cabin changing clothes or coming out of the shower.   

Doesn't seem to provide much privacy .

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I’m thinking this is a big missed opportunity by X.  Best cabin at a reasonible cost we have been In was a JS  on Royal.  The curtain that could be pulled to block light from the Verandas  let DH sleep white I  read & drank coffee in the a.m.  thinking I will bring some magnetic hooks for the ceiling and attach a dark shower curtain to them and block the light

Sad that at the price for the Edge we must bring footstools , loungers  for suites, curtains for the IV and a folding table if you want to enjoy breakfast on your balcony. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bogofman said:

This is OK for us, we never close the drapes, and prefer to wake up to natural light.

BTW, I only wake up when I'm ready and light makes no difference, and to a certain extent even noise.

Well, you are fortunate in that regard.  However, for most of us we need some darkness for sleep.  Hard to imagine this Edge blind scenario in Northern Europe, Alaska, etc. in June, July, August.

Edited by SkystheLimit
  • Like 3

We were in an Infinite Veranda Cabin, and it did strike us as an Ocean View with a really, really nice window.  

About the only advantage was we decided we didn't mind the natural light in the am, so we put the window down a bit to get some fresh air while we slept.  It was better then a partway open balcony door.

Actually, this to me was probably a very nice french balcony.

17 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

.... Do they not test these cabins out with passengers before finalizing them???

If I remember correctly, one of the benefits of the Edge design is that it was designed by people with little or no experience with cruise ships.  Sounds like a miss to me.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, derekjp47 said:

I’ve yet to see a question or comment regarding the balconies, if they can connect to the one next door like the traditional balconies do now.

Not in the IV's, at least..

You may not have been able to see photos of the IV's as of yet, they do not.

bon voyage