Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
GUT2407

Norwegian Jewel Sydney to Hobart 13 Dec

Recommended Posts

One thing I really noticed was the near total absence of bits of paper advertising $10 sales, art auctions, photo shoots etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhhh and the lack of photos here is due to some udjit forgetting to pick up his camera.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Ohhhh and the lack of photos here is due to some udjit forgetting to pick up his camera.

 

At least you are not blaming K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

One thing I really noticed was the near total absence of bits of paper advertising $10 sales, art auctions, photo shoots etc

There is a lot to admire about NCL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

There is a lot to admire about NCL.

They wouldn’t be my first choice all being equal.

 

but the right itinerary at the right price and we will be back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

They wouldn’t be my first choice all being equal.

 

but the right itinerary at the right price and we will be back.

Exactly the same reasoning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a lot to like about NCL, we thought the shows were much more professional than RCL.

 

We mostly ate in the restaurants, although hit  the garden cafe or the  great outdoors for lunch, so managed to get more than 2 shrimps and thought that the guys at the outdoor bar above the pool deck were good fun.

 

Mr Gut, did you notice that the outline of the route that we took almost resembled a roo!!

 

You can tell what we were amusing ourselves with on the last sea day 😂

 

 

54815185-1CFE-4835-9422-C145405398AF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, I wonder if that was the plan by the navigation staff. Was an explanation made for why Hobart and Burnie was swapped on the itinerary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Lol, I wonder if that was the plan by the navigation staff. Was an explanation made for why Hobart and Burnie was swapped on the itinerary?

 

None that we were given, although the comedian on board reckoned it was a ploy by NCL to promote another trip in Burnie - driving the tractor on top of the wood shavings pile!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rusty1963 said:

There was a lot to like about NCL, we thought the shows were much more professional than RCL.

 

We mostly ate in the restaurants, although hit  the garden cafe or the  great outdoors for lunch, so managed to get more than 2 shrimps and thought that the guys at the outdoor bar above the pool deck were good fun.

 

Mr Gut, did you notice that the outline of the route that we took almost resembled a roo!!

 

You can tell what we were amusing ourselves with on the last sea day 😂

 

 

54815185-1CFE-4835-9422-C145405398AF.jpeg

Mrs Gut saw the Roo too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also no pushing of drinks packages, in fact if I hadn’t pre paid mine, I’d have had to go looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One negative I forgot to mention.

 

if I asked about location of wheelchair toilets, the crew had no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were a lot of ships in the Tasmania Melbourne area, it did cross my mind that may have been the reason for the change, then you need to factor in tides, pilot availability etc to explain the timings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rusty1963 said:

 

None that we were given, although the comedian on board reckoned it was a ploy by NCL to promote another trip in Burnie - driving the tractor on top of the wood shavings pile!!

LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

There were a lot of ships in the Tasmania Melbourne area, it did cross my mind that may have been the reason for the change, then you need to factor in tides, pilot availability etc to explain the timings.

I would have thought all these thins were worked out and pre-booked prior to the announcement of the itinerary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MicCanberra said:

I would have thought all these thins were worked out and pre-booked prior to the announcement of the itinerary.

So would I, but one suggestion I heard was that it had to do with the Ociana ship needing to change something on its world cruise (they are owned by the same company as NCL) and got precedence.

 

then once days changed times had to be adjusted to fit the other factors.

 

no idea if at was true or not, but it did have some internal logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Gut... you haven't mentioned how good the debark was...I noticed you carried your own luggage..was that so you did not have to tip the luggage porters 😂😂🤑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Hey Gut... you haven't mentioned how good the debark was...I noticed you carried your own luggage..was that so you did not have to tip the luggage porters 😂😂🤑

Yeah debarked was different.

 

just collect a tag from pursers desk and put your bag out.

 

we put one bag out and carried the other backpack with our overnight gear.

 

it was smooth as, except for the people in the terminal that were real pains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah debarked was different.

 

just collect a tag from pursers desk and put your bag out.

 

we put one bag out and carried the other backpack with our overnight gear.

 

it was smooth as, except for the people in the terminal that were real pains.

Well one of them anyway 🤬:classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

So would I, but one suggestion I heard was that it had to do with the Ociana ship needing to change something on its world cruise (they are owned by the same company as NCL) and got precedence.

 

then once days changed times had to be adjusted to fit the other factors.

 

no idea if at was true or not, but it did have some internal logic.

Fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Hey Gut... you haven't mentioned how good the debark was...I noticed you carried your own luggage..was that so you did not have to tip the luggage porters 😂😂🤑

LOL, no porters at the OPT just baggage handlers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

LOL, no porters at the OPT just baggage handlers.

You mean those guys ( and girls) that earn 200k a year 🤑🤑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yep but that is with tips.

No........that's one of the reasons we should never tip them .... they earn too much already..... according to some people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

No........that's one of the reasons we should never tip them .... they earn too much already..... according to some people

I thought that was why we don’t tip check in crew.

 

but then someone was complain8ng elsewhere about check in crew at the OPT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...