EZAIR experiences?

jpj39

I checked the airfare on EZAir vs airline fares

can’t believe the price difference for flex fare Jfk to LHR

the prices seems too good to be true 

what has been you experience using Princess EZAir?

I’ve had good experiences with Flexible EZair for international flights from/to the US.  On an LAX/LHR flight it began at $576 and by checking regularly ended up at $241 with better flights.

Domestic US flights I’ve checked have not had great prices such as a FLL/LAX post-cruise flight for $300 when it cost $241 to LHR.  Instead I’ve used FF miles/points for our domestic flights.

9 minutes ago, jpj39 said:

I checked the airfare on EZAir vs airline fares

can’t believe the price difference for flex fare Jfk to LHR

the prices seems too good to be true 

what has been you experience using Princess EZAir?

They offer great fares.

Grab them while you can.

I have been using EZAir for several years now and have always found it to be cheaper than the airlines or in a couple of domestic flights to be near the same.  Princess is a consolidator and buys flights in bulk.  One advantage with buying flights from Princess is that they will take care of you if the ship for some reason does not make it back to port and you miss your flight home.  You don't pay for the ticket until the final payment for the cruise which is nice and they allow you to change or cancel the ticket up to 45 days prior with no penalty.  I have found a cheaper flight on EZAir after making final payment and before the 45 day cutoff resulting in Princess giving me the savings in OBC for the cruise.  After booking the flight go to the airline's web page for seat assignments and setting up notices of flight changes which they do quarterly if not sooner.  Make the reservation on EZAir and then continue checking prices both on EZAir and with the airlines.  To me it is a no-brainer and a plus with little to no risk. 

Edited by satxdiver

I paid $2700 for Business Class to LHR. Direct through United it was $8100. For coach - there wasn't a savings.

Book the flexible air and keep looking. You can change it up until 45 days out.

Edited by Coral

Yes we have used it frequently and have enjoyed terrific savings.  Love picking the exact flights I want and being able to manage my flight on the airline website.  Like booking direct, you still need to check frequently to ensure changes haven't occurred but it really is a great option.

20 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Yes...there's no reason to wait & then continue to check for a lower airfare and/or flights.

Just booked an Oct19 cruise and bought EZ Air for the first time. DFW to Barcelona and return to DFW from Rome. Great fare vs booking direct with the airline. 

Having never used it in the past, would appreciate some advice. 

After I make any changes to the air booking and get it nailed down (before payment and the 45 day window) how would I go about requesting a lower fare if I find one?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Ep010835 said:

Just booked an Oct19 cruise and bought EZ Air for the first time. DFW to Barcelona and return to DFW from Rome. Great fare vs booking direct with the airline. 

Having never used it in the past, would appreciate some advice. 

After I make any changes to the air booking and get it nailed down (before payment and the 45 day window) how would I go about requesting a lower fare if I find one?

Thanks!

You just go through your current booking (change/modify flights tab) in the personalizer and search for better airfare.

If you pick new flights it will bring up the new selection and post it along side your current fare and give you difference in fare and the option to book the new fare. If you don't want the new fare just don't accept/confirm it and back out.

Just don't hit cancel booking.

It is really easy and works great.

9 minutes ago, Doug and Becky said:

Are you able to upgrade your seats to Economy premium?  Do the tickets have to be paid for before seats are assigned?   

Depends on the airline.

Some let you choose, some you have to wait until 24 hours prior to the flight.

This happens with EZ Air and without on some airlines.

With United I am able to choose seats before the tickets are paid for.

With Lufthansa and British Airways you have to wait until 24 hours prior to the flight unless you have some frequent flier status with that airline.