Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
IsanTom

Miami Hotels with Cruise Parking

Recommended Posts

Can anyone recommend some hotels in Miami with Cruise Parking available? Our cruise departs 1/27/19

for 14 nights. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the Hampton Inn & Suites Brickell Avenue.  I just booked for the 4th time for next November.  Schedule is open for booking at least until then.  The rate I have is discounted and a very private rate.  It must be booked through a special link.  If you wish, I will share it, but only in private email; nanatravel at sc coast dot net.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, IsanTom said:

Can anyone recommend some hotels in Miami with Cruise Parking available? Our cruise departs 1/27/19

for 14 nights. Thanks

When do you cruise?  Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, mentioned above, sometimes offers a cruise parking package.

 

As downtown and Miami Beach hotels typically charge guests $25-30+ per day to park, most of the hotels offering cruise parking deals will be out near the MIA airport.  La Quinta East is a budget option often suggested on this board.  Other frequently suggested hotels include the MIA Embassy Suites, and two hotels in the Blue Lagoon area - Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites.  None of the hotels includes a shuttle back to your car, so figure about $30 for a taxi (or $20 for an UberX) into your budget.

 

www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com are two sources to check.  I would also look at using two one-way rentals (so no parking issues).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We travel with friends who drive in from FLA, so we choose Residence Inn (Airport)

2 Bedroom Suite

Breakfast Included

Parking for the week.

 

It's part of a Marriott Complex ( Marriott, Courtyard, Residence Inn, and the newest one whose name eludes me. It was still being built in 2016 last time we were there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Premiere Cruise Parking in the MET3 Garage downtown (the Whole Foods parking garage) is $120 for 11 days (10 nights) versus the Port at $220. Port shuttles included. 

 

Cheaper hotels rarely have secured parking and when they do you pay for it! A Park & Cruise option sounds good but ...

 

Reviews show folks do get frustrated with Premiere shuttles but your vehicle should be safe (otherwise no-one should park there for Whole Foods!)

 

I doubt you will find much cheaper even when hotels offer long-term parking. If you do please let us know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did 14 nights b2b last year out of Miami and ended up going with two one way car rentals instead of parking which worked out great.  Drove down day of (3 hours) and saved quite a bit but you could still do this and get a hotel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2018 at 7:11 PM, SteerageJoe said:

Premiere Cruise Parking in the MET3 Garage downtown (the Whole Foods parking garage) is $120 for 11 days (10 nights) versus the Port at $220. Port shuttles included. 

 

Cheaper hotels rarely have secured parking and when they do you pay for it! A Park & Cruise option sounds good but ...

 

Reviews show folks do get frustrated with Premiere shuttles but your vehicle should be safe (otherwise no-one should park there for Whole Foods!)

 

I doubt you will find much cheaper even when hotels offer long-term parking. If you do please let us know!

Has any used "onairportparking" dot com?  They advertise ramp parking for $7 daily but we have had poor luck with all the shuttles, even Premier Cruise Parking.  Last cruise we parked at the Earlington Heights Metro Ramp with armed 24/7 security for $4.50 daily plus RT Uber or Lyft @ $8-15 each way, much quicker than waiting for a van.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 12/4/2018 at 12:40 AM, Nanatravel said:

Love the Hampton Inn & Suites Brickell Avenue.  I just booked for the 4th time for next November.  Schedule is open for booking at least until then.  The rate I have is discounted and a very private rate.  It must be booked through a special link.  If you wish, I will share it, but only in private email; nanatravel at sc coast dot net.

 

 

 

Is it this rate?! The cruise/parking rate?

 

http://www.hamptoninnmiamibrickell.com/cms/specials/result.php

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:24 AM, JohninDC said:

When do you cruise?  Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, mentioned above, sometimes offers a cruise parking package.

 

As downtown and Miami Beach hotels typically charge guests $25-30+ per day to park, most of the hotels offering cruise parking deals will be out near the MIA airport.  La Quinta East is a budget option often suggested on this board.  Other frequently suggested hotels include the MIA Embassy Suites, and two hotels in the Blue Lagoon area - Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites.  None of the hotels includes a shuttle back to your car, so figure about $30 for a taxi (or $20 for an UberX) into your budget.

 

www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com are two sources to check.  I would also look at using two one-way rentals (so no parking issues).

 

If you use LaQuinta airport East the shuttle is free to the port but you can buy a ticket back for $10pp. They have pickup times at 8:30, 9:30 & 10:30 I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LA and other budget hotels near MIA are very different from downtown hotels like the Hampton Inn - it all depends upon budget and what you are looking for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 10:21 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

 

 

Is it this rate?! The cruise/parking rate?

 

http://www.hamptoninnmiamibrickell.com/cms/specials/result.php

Hi CJ.  Yes it appears to be the same link.  Looking at the web address from my small android phone, I was not familiar with seeing the landing landing words.  I understand it now is shared on other web based blogs but I for one won't post it on public media.  It is very special to me and a great hotel.  We parked there during Hurricane Irma in 2017, and are car was just fine.

 

Happy New Year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nanatravel said:

Hi CJ.  Yes it appears to be the same link.  Looking at the web address from my small android phone, I was not familiar with seeing the landing landing words.  I understand it now is shared on other web based blogs but I for one won't post it on public media.  It is very special to me and a great hotel.  We parked there during Hurricane Irma in 2017, and are car was just fine.

 

Happy New Year.

 

 

It's a great hotel.  The link is actually the Hampton Inn Brickell website and then under specials. It's their direct website so anyone is able to see it.  I would never post something that wasn't allowed!

 

Glad to hear that you car was fine during Irma.  There was no damage other than some tree limbs down on that block and the flooding stopped at Brickell Ave.

 

Happy New Year to you as well!

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Just checked Hilton blue lagoon for 1 night and got $369 as pre cruise package without cost of parking. Insane price for an airport hotel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RereBoca said:

Wow! Just checked Hilton blue lagoon for 1 night and got $369 as pre cruise package without cost of parking. Insane price for an airport hotel.

For when?  Prices in Miami fluctuate with the tourist season and also major events - like the Super Bowl next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, i live in South Florida so am aware. 3/1. Cheaper for me to stay in Boca and drive the 45 minutes to the port and park there or even Uber. Would rather not hassle with shuttles as my research says that is a stressful way to end a vacation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.  Off port shuttles are unreliable.  We have switched to Lyft/Uber.  Fair pricing especially if you share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...