How to change username

2 hours ago, celereflect said:

Can someone please tell me how to change my username. I'm no longer on Celebrity Reflection, so I don't want to use this username.

Are you sure you need to change it?

Many of us are “no longer” specifically identified by our username.  I am no longer in the Navy, I have retired from banking, and I only rarely teach.  

Frankly, when I first saw your username, I wondered why celery was significant to your inner thoughts.

As one of the Australian posters might put it: “No worries”. 

7 hours ago, celereflect said:

Can someone please tell me how to change my username. I'm no longer on Celebrity Reflection, so I don't want to use this username.

With only 15 posts tied to that name why not just stop using it and then create a new account with a new name you prefer.

34 minutes ago, wheezedr said:

With only 15 posts tied to that name why not just stop using it and then create a new account with a new name you prefer.

It is  against CC rule  to have  more than one account  that is  why

32 minutes ago, wheezedr said:

CC will not let you create a new user names using the same email address.  If you have a second email, no problem.  

Perhaps you could “talk” with CC staff - and see if they will make an exception —— but, what is the big deal - few people know (or care) about the source of a user name — and as long as you can remember it, what’s the problem with its (not at all obviously) being remotely connected with a ship’s name?

38 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

It is  against CC rule  to have  more than one account  that is  why

34 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

CC will not let you create a new user names using the same email address.  If you have a second email, no problem.  

Perhaps you could “talk” with CC staff - and see if they will make an exception —— but, what is the big deal - few people know (or care) about the source of a user name — and as long as you can remember it, what’s the problem with its (not at all obviously) being remotely connected with a ship’s name?

While I still use the one and only user name I began with, I am personally aware of others who have more than one.  Most people today have at least a couple of email accounts so they can direct emails different ways.  I was simply offering him/her another option.

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

PS. It just occurred to me that OP might be contemplating a new user name, connected to a particular ship, for each upcoming cruise.  If that’s the case, I am inclined to think that CC will tell OP to take running jumps at him/herself.

I'm inclined to think that the OP was working on that ship, thus the name.  Has moved on and wants something more general.  EM

The thing is I'll get confused calling myself Celereflect (Celebrity Reflection) when I will be on Coral Princess for my next trip.

I find  out that I can't change the username with the same email account. Why can people change their passwords but not their username? 

Sometimes old people can't manage too many email accounts, and they can get confused easily. 😞

@navybankerteacher Celery was not significant to my inner thoughts, Celebrity ( The cruise ship) was.  😃

Edited by celereflect

If you don’t have a gmail account, I understand it’s easy to get and a number of my friends use theirs when they don’t want to give their main one. 

I guess you’d have to go back to Cereflect to see your old posts, but you’d have a whole new life with a clean slate with your new identity. 

This is kind of remaining on subject, but since username change has come up, is this fairly common?  I've been a member since 2010 and have more than a few posts, but have actually considered changing my username for a while now.  My first choices were already taken and I wanted something I could remember, which is my hometown football team.  Dumb choice, I know, but I'm realizing that my username is potentially an instant turnoff for some.  If username change is fairly frequent, I'm considering making the change.  Thank you all in advance on how to get it changed, I never knew it was possible before this thread.  

53 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

If you don’t have a gmail account, I understand it’s easy to get and a number of my friends use theirs when they don’t want to give their main one. 

I guess you’d have to go back to Cereflect to see your old posts, but you’d have a whole new life with a clean slate with your new identity. 

Thanks for your advice. I think I'd rather stick to this one now to make life simple.🙂

6 hours ago, celereflect said:

The thing is I'll get confused calling myself Celereflect (Celebrity Reflection) when I will be on Coral Princess for my next trip.

😞

@navybankerteacher Celery was not significant to my inner thoughts, Celebrity ( The cruise ship) was.  😃

I was just kidding, but also just pointing out that ANY user name which you can remember will work — and that “Celereflect” does not really conjure up the ship’s name any more than it does thoughts about vegetables.

P.S. I wish I had chosen a much shorter username for myself .

2 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

I was just kidding, but also just pointing out that ANY user name which you can remember will work — and that “Celereflect” does not really conjure up the ship’s name any more than it does thoughts about vegetables.

P.S. I wish I had chosen a much shorter username for myself .

Good idea! Celery, one of my favourite veggies,  would always remind me of my username. 👍

Your username does look a bit too long.

I've been thinking about changing my user name. It seems silly to post as new_cruiser when my first cruise was more than a decade ago. I haven't changed it so far because I haven't come up with a new name. 

On 12/5/2018 at 9:13 AM, pghsteelerfan said:

This is kind of remaining on subject, but since username change has come up, is this fairly common?  I've been a member since 2010 and have more than a few posts, but have actually considered changing my username for a while now.  My first choices were already taken and I wanted something I could remember, which is my hometown football team.  Dumb choice, I know, but I'm realizing that my username is potentially an instant turnoff for some.  If username change is fairly frequent, I'm considering making the change.  Thank you all in advance on how to get it changed, I never knew it was possible before this thread.  

It is not common. It isn't an automated process. I haven't found info about it on the new website, but on the old website, the text was clearly reluctant about name changes but allowed it as an exception so people could fix a poor original name choice. If you do change it, you want to be sure about the name you change to as you may not be able to change it again.

17 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

I've been thinking about changing my user name. It seems silly to post as new_cruiser when my first cruise was more than a decade ago. I haven't changed it so far because I haven't come up with a new name. 

To the extent that every cruise is a new experience, you will be a “new_cruiser” on every cruise.   Think about sticking with your perfect user name.

21 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

It is not common. It isn't an automated process. I haven't found info about it on the new website, but on the old website, the text was clearly reluctant about name changes but allowed it as an exception so people could fix a poor original name choice. If you do change it, you want to be sure about the name you change to as you may not be able to change it again.

Thank you, this has been very helpful.  On my part, it was a poor original name change.  :classic_ohmy:  I actually stumbled across CC by mistake while trying to research a port that we'd be visiting in less then a month that we knew nothing about.  I could read some of the posts but had to have an account to post a question, so I joined.  But a couple names I came up with were already taken and I didn't want to use my first name/anything too personal, so used the sports team in a rush.  I have a possible name, but it may be a good idea to come up with a back up in case that is taken.  I'll probably think it over and decide later.  Again, very helpful & appreciated.  

On December 4, 2018 at 6:32 AM, celereflect said:

On December 4, 2018 at 6:32 AM, celereflect said:

I registered in 2008 with a name that had a special meaning to me. One day I could not get in and had to re register with my current name. Be patient ,perhaps the same thing will happen to you.