Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
TeeRick

Edge Suggestion Box - Feedback and suggested improvements from your Edge voyage

Recommended Posts

On 12/8/2018 at 11:01 AM, bajathree said:

Oh wow.....THANKS ...I didn't realize that.

Re:  the slide out table to view full length mirrow:

 

But then you can't keep much on it..unless you keep moving things off!

Other class ships had a nice full length wall mirror over by the closet area..

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2018 at 7:53 AM, TeeRick said:

 

That seems unusual compared to other ships.  Luminae usually is very accommodating and will retrieve whatever wine or drink that you desire.  In this case they had the wine in Normandie so it was stocked on the ship.  It sounds like growing pains with the service.  Again something that could be easily corrected hopefully.  Did you relate this story back to the Luminae Maitre' D once you found the wine in Normandie?

We asked for a stout one night and the waiter didn’t know what that was. He offered something else and did not offer to find a stout elsewhere once we told him it was a type of beer. No big deal, but definitely not a “high-end” experience with regard to service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Loujul said:

After this incidence, we chosen not to return to Luminae.  We thought the staff was very pretentious and the food unappealing.  Not a good first impression at all. We did tell the sommelier in Normandie and also the Bar Manager.  

We also felt similar about Luminae last week. Don’t understand why Celebrity wouldn’t anticipate problems with these limited menus and the removal of access to the main dining menus.  Asked for shrimp cocktail the 1st night and were quickly told don’t have that, only what’s on menu. Go up to the Retreat sundeck next day and they have shrimp cocktail for lunch, but not available at night. Then we were told to tell them in the morning if you wanted something different than what’s on the menu for dinner. You shouldn’t have to do this when you are paying this type of money for a suite.

 

we were tempted to order off the kids menu one night since it looked better than the regular menu one night. 

 

We were speaking to one of the corporate staff one night and he was shocked that we weren’t getting anything we asked for in Luminae so obviously not everyone is on the same page yet in expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, omarchs said:

We also felt similar about Luminae last week. Don’t understand why Celebrity wouldn’t anticipate problems with these limited menus and the removal of access to the main dining menus.  Asked for shrimp cocktail the 1st night and were quickly told don’t have that, only what’s on menu. Go up to the Retreat sundeck next day and they have shrimp cocktail for lunch, but not available at night. Then we were told to tell them in the morning if you wanted something different than what’s on the menu for dinner. You shouldn’t have to do this when you are paying this type of money for a suite.

 

we were tempted to order off the kids menu one night since it looked better than the regular menu one night. 

 

We were speaking to one of the corporate staff one night and he was shocked that we weren’t getting anything we asked for in Luminae so obviously not everyone is on the same page yet in expectations.

Luminae is on the opposite end of the ship from the main dining rooms on the Edge. On other X ships, Luminae's location is closer, making it easier to get items from the other dining venues. Our waiter advised us that he could get shrimp cocktail, escargot, French onion soup, and other menu items with 24 notice. Corporate works in Miami, not on the ship, so I would not expect them to “know” how things really work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Luminae is on the opposite end of the ship from the main dining rooms on the Edge. On other X ships, Luminae's location is closer, making it easier to get items from the other dining venues. Our waiter advised us that he could get shrimp cocktail, escargot, French onion soup, and other menu items with 24 notice. Corporate works in Miami, not on the ship, so I would not expect them to “know” how things really work.

 

Luminae needs to work this out.  Without an excellent Luminae experience guests will not pay these prices for suites.  Expand the menu to include common things every night like shrimp cocktail, escargot, caesar salad, whatever guests want.  Employ at least 1 or 2 staff to act as "runners" back and forth to the MDRs.  There should be no need for 24 hr notice for MDR items or common items.  The 24 hr notice is OK for some type of specially prepared dish.  That is reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

 

Luminae needs to work this out.  Without an excellent Luminae experience guests will not pay these prices for suites.  Expand the menu to include common things every night like shrimp cocktail, escargot, caesar salad, whatever guests want.  Employ at least 1 or 2 staff to act as "runners" back and forth to the MDRs.  There should be no need for 24 hr notice for MDR items or common items.  The 24 hr notice is OK for some type of specially prepared dish.  That is reasonable.

Unfortunately Luminae's galley is not large enough (who messed up the measurements when planning this?!) to accommodate all the “expanded menu items” that guests might want. We had an excellent Luminae experience regardless. Guests will pay the prices for suites for the overall experience which includes the Retreat and allows Suite guests to eat in the MDRs if they choose. Having staff act as “runners” is impractical, the extra wait time for items to be picked up on one end of the ship and delivered to the opposite end would not make guests very happy.

Since this thread is for suggestions, I propose that X make the galley larger on Apex to handle special requests.

Edited by C-Dragons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I must admit I haven’t yet sailed on the Edge, after reading a few threads, it is clear to me that the verandahs and their furniture are very important to people.   Except for the largest suites, verandah space is very limited and requires some creativity to please the majority.   Some want to eat breakfast out there, and others want a lounge chair.  Space restrictions make having both impossible so I suggest this:  a dual purpose item similar to the Tom Tom but bigger and either square or rectangular.   When pushed together with the hard side of the lid up, it becomes a table.  With the soft side up, they become foot stools.  And of course, the chairs should have a least a bit of a recline option.   

Edited by BrendaJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BrendaJ said:

Although I must admit I haven’t yet sailed on the Edge, after reading a few threads, it is clear to me that the verandahs and their furniture are very important to people.   Except for the largest suites, verandah space is very limited and requires some creativity to please the majority.   Some want to eat breakfast out there, and others want a lounge chair.  Space restrictions make having both impossible so I suggest this:  a dual purpose item similar to the Tom Tom but bigger and either square or rectangular.   When pushed together with the hard side of the lid up, it becomes a table.  With the soft side up, they become foot stools.  And of course, the chairs should have a least a bit of a recline option.   

Yes that would be a reasonable solution.  Thanks for offering it.  Hopefully Celebrity is listening!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a great thread.,,

Is there a too 10 list of suggestions that we could submit at Guest Rel when we cruise? We sail next month..happy to hand it in..in case Celeb not reading here..

 

1    Veranda furniture: clunky, not comfy,,  need  better table, & footstools

2     Bar issues... premium wine not easily found, 

3      Show, theater and music issues ??????  Add yours

4      curtain/shades between cabin and enc veranda area

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hcat said:

This is a great thread.,,

Is there a too 10 list of suggestions that we could submit at Guest Rel when we cruise? We sail next month..happy to hand it in..in case Celeb not reading here..

 

1    Veranda furniture: clunky, not comfy,,  need  better table, & footstools

2     Bar issues... premium wine not easily found, 

3      Show, theater and music issues ??????  Add yours

4      curtain/shades between cabin and enc veranda area

Regarding issue number 1, trust me, they are well aware of guests feelings about the verandah furniture. We were told by several officers that Corporate “is working on a solution “. We shall see whether or not that is true in due time.

And btw, X is indeed reading the comments here on CC.

Edited by C-Dragons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...