Celebrity touts themselves as #1 in customer service?

Cigar City Nole

Has anyone tried to call Customer Service for Celebrity? They are absolutely GOD AWFUL ....... waited over an hour last night to speak to someone and never could get through ----- tried today when I ran out for lunch and 20+ minutes later I gave up! Also tried a couple times this past weekend.

I figured I might get them to respond if I made comments on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram --- they messaged me to send my contact info, which I did.

Still ... no response ... not even to my messages I've sent them since their initial..... nothing ... nada ... zilch!

....and this is SO THAT I CAN PAY MY BALANCE! [because their online and phone systems are absolute garbage]

God forbid something of real importance was on the line here ... can't imagine how unresponsive they would be to an actual problem.

This is my 1st cruise with these folks .... really not making me feel like they give a crap one way or the other  

I have been having the same problem. Spent more than 2 hours, over the course of two attempts to get my wives name on our existing reservation. Hasn't happened yet! Looks like I could be sailing with TBD in my cabin! I have never experienced this type of problem. Somebody needs to look at the true statistics regarding customer service. THEY NEED TO STOP TOOTING THEIR OWN HORN!

Yeah there phone volume had been very high because of the above mentioned sales etc.  I made my res with them thru web site then transfer the reservation over to travel agent to get xtra perks. Works great every time. And much easier dealing with travel agent   

• Thanks 1

Interesting, I have not seen where they promote themselves as being #1 in Customer Service. But I can name a couple of cruise lines I think are far worse.  I agree their IT is lacking and anyone who tries to do anything online on the weekend is begging for trouble as that is when they do routine maintenance  and updates. 

I transfer my bookings to a TA but with the recent sale I called Celebrity  on 2 different occasions and didn’t wait more than 90 seconds.

Hope you get through and get your payment made with any more long hold times.

OP,. I’ve had good and other times confused Celebrity phone support, but not lately. I use TA’s now and haven’t had a reason to call them.

I’ve not seen Celebrity ‘tout’ their customer service as #1. I searched their website a bit and did a search on customer service ratings and didn’t see anything on any Cruise Line. Where did you see that? 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

This is the reason you use a Travel Agent. You can always get them on the phone and then let them deal with Celebrity.or whatever cruise line you are trying to call. Spending hours on hold is their job. And if they have been doing the job long enough, they know the tricks of the trade getting through. 

And Travel Agents cost you nothing! They are paid for by the cruise line, not you. By the way, I am not talking about the big box online travel agents but a real, sit down and talk about travel with you agent. They still exist. They really do. 

Very good points made by many about how to make payments, alternatively, yet many do not take into consideration that those who insist on doing with a 'human' via telephone to X directly may not have the ability or desire to accept other methods of achieving the same goal by different means.

Apparently their telephones and computers cannot navigate other options or ways of getting things completed, quickly and easily.. or they have yet to be able to understand that there are, really, other ways of achieving the same ends because it is the way they have always done it...

Also, I have found when calling and received the message as to how long it might be or not to get an agent, I usually hang up and try another time when I think it might be easier (read: early morning, late afternoon or late evening).

Happy Calling and bon voyage

14 hours ago, RCIGUY said:

I have been having the same problem. Spent more than 2 hours, over the course of two attempts to get my wives name on our existing reservation. Hasn't happened yet! Looks like I could be sailing with TBD in my cabin! I have never experienced this type of problem. Somebody needs to look at the true statistics regarding customer service. THEY NEED TO STOP TOOTING THEIR OWN HORN!

You can do this online also. Is that option not working? It worked just fine last week when I did it.