Luggage Tag Holder Question

harryw

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Make sure you get the luggage tag  holders with the metal  wire that screw locks on & off for reuse  .We reuse them over & over :classic_biggrin:

Many years ago when we were informed that everything would be via e-docs, etc., I made my own plastic sleeves.

Once we are ready to leave the hotel and head to the port, I attach them with cable ties.

For a while we were taking 4 and 5 cruises a year and were really using them.  They have lasted for many years.

I have some but honestly don't bother anymore.  I just laminate them (Dollar store), punch a hole and put them in my carry on with ties.

Others use packing tape or just let them be as they are (they don't have to last long)

And other use luggage tags.

whatever works 😄 

they only have to make it from when you dump the luggage to your cabin 😉 

I like disposable.  I fold my tags.  Lay them out on the counter and put a strip of packing tape over the top with tape extending over the ends by about 6 or so inches.  Loop around  luggage handles and tape the ends together.  Cut off and trash.

3 minutes ago, knittinggirl said:

For HAL get the wide tag holders.  They now have some that will ziploc available on Amazon.

For Celebrity or Royal Caribbean get the narrow holders.

I originally purchased the standard width for HAL cruises, but they work fine too for the narrower Celebrity and RCI tags. 

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

I originally purchased the standard width for HAL cruises, but they work fine too for the narrower Celebrity and RCI tags. 

Actually, you're correct.  Celebrity & RCI tags are a tight fit w/ the narrow tag holders.  I use a narrow spatula to insert them.

8 minutes ago, knittinggirl said:

Actually, you're correct.  Celebrity & RCI tags are a tight fit w/ the narrow tag holders.  I use a narrow spatula to insert them.

You might want to try reducing the print size - start with 95% - to get them to fit easily. Even with the standard size holder I had trouble with one set of tags and that did the trick.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

You might want to try reducing the print size - start with 95% - to get them to fit easily. Even with the standard size holder I had trouble with one set of tags and that did the trick.

I meant it's hard to stick the folded thick luggage tags into those narrow holders.  That's here the narrow spatula comes in.

I get luggage tags at the pier. The ones you get there are much sturdier than anything I could print. And I don't have to worry about misplacing them or them getting lost, pulled off, or damaged before I get to the pier. I just pack a sharpie in my carry-on for writing on the tags. Last cruise, several other passengers took advantage of my sharpie.

17 hours ago, cawpaw said:

I found mine on Amazon. They fit the Holland boarding tag perfectly. 

We did, too.  The description states what cruise lines fit in the holder - Holland one of them, of course.  We've used them twice, hold up beautifully - and ours were about $1.00 each, pkg of 8.

1 hour ago, chill6x6 said:

Here's the one's I use purchased on Amazon:

IMG_1645.jpg

Are these the ones w/ the ziploc at the top?  We're getting our tags printed at Kinkos (don't have a color printer), so we don't know if the ink will run in the rain.

We put one set of tags on our bags before we ship them.  Last time, we were glad we did when Luggage Forward sent them directly to the ship due to customs issues in Canada.  We found them on our bed waiting for us in our stateroom.

Edited by knittinggirl

I have the ones from Amazon that chill6x6 posted an image of and they work like a charm.  Previous to having these, I just would cover the tags in clear tape (front and back) and it would essentially laminate and protect them from the elements.  Then, I would just punch a hole in them and use plastic cable ties to attach to my luggage.

2 hours ago, knittinggirl said:

Are these the ones w/ the ziploc at the top?  We're getting our tags printed at Kinkos (don't have a color printer), so we don't know if the ink will run in the rain.

We put one set of tags on our bags before we ship them.  Last time, we were glad we did when Luggage Forward sent them directly to the ship due to customs issues in Canada.  We found them on our bed waiting for us in our stateroom.

I've been using a monochrome laser printer for a few years and have experienced no problems or delays getting our bags delivered on HAL, Celebrity and RCI. They aren't as "pretty" as the coloured tags, but they have all the necessary information.

3 hours ago, knittinggirl said:

Yes they zip closed at the top! 

• 3 weeks later...