Newest XL LNG ship to be named Carnival Mardi Gras

Cousin Eddie

8 minutes ago, CruiseGal999 said:

My very first cruise was on the Carnival Mardi Gras .... 1982.  

It will be cool for the folks who sailed on the original to kind of come full circle. I have to admit I was taken by surprise, it doesn't seem to fit with the recent naming conventions that Carnival has been following. I am looking forward to seeing if they do a Baltic itinerary or a Northern TA similar to the Legend TA in reverse. I read somewhere that the schedule could be announced and even bookable by late January.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaryZ said:

Our first cruise was the Mardi Gras also.  We will sail on the new one for sure!

How cool! I can't wait to see what they do with the new layout and how they utilize the spaces on this one compared to AIDAnova.

Some fun videos and visual in this news blurb:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/florida-cruise-guide/os-ae-carnival-mardi-gras-20181205-story.html

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

Luckily Port Canaveral is close enough for Carnival to make the necessary arrangements to have the LNG delivered to the ships requiring it 🙂

Carnival will be getting their LNG from Savannah, which is 247 miles from PC, while NOLA can get theirs from Sabine, which is only 378 miles, so not much difference, or the Cameron, LA terminal when completed.  The Savannah terminal is still under construction, as far as I know.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Carnival will be getting their LNG from Savannah, which is 247 miles from PC, while NOLA can get theirs from Sabine, which is only 378 miles, so not much difference, or the Cameron, LA terminal when completed.  The Savannah terminal is still under construction, as far as I know.

Cool info! Thanks for letting me know- you’re always a wealth of information and knowledge.

looks like i'll be booking this when they release the dates.   I've never been on a mega ship or a new ship for that matter.  I'm sailing on 2 refurbs, but this will be my first new ship....can't wait to see the dates, I already have approval from the hubs to book once released.   yay!!!!!!!

Edited by pyropoodle
  • Like 1

There is nothing I don't love about this announcement!  MARDI GRAS is synonymous with Carnival Cruise Lines.  She was a great ship name the first time, and will be again.  I also love they are using the original font style for the name of the ship.  I'm hoping there will be some throwbacks to the original ship, perhaps some original lounge names or even a retro lounge based off the original ship.  

She will have a nice new terminal to sail from in Port Canaveral, as outlined in this article.  

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/canaveral-board-approves-bond-financing-for-new-carnival-terminal.html

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 2.13.10 PM.png

• Like 2