Celebrity docks @ 3:30 - enough time to get to 4 p.m. Segway tour?

Bunny_Watson

We are booked on the Celebrity Equinox, docking in San Juan at 3:30 pm on Monday March 18th, and would be interested in taking a tour with Segway Tours of PR that starts at 4 p.m.  I understand that we dock at the Pan American pier which Google Maps shows as a 12 minute drive from the tour company.  Is 30 minutes enough time to disembark, catch a taxi, and make it by 4 p.m.?  Seems very tight to me!  If others have experience with this I'd love to hear it.  Thank you!

I may have messed up here - now I am reading that Celebrity cruises that *originate* in San Juan use the Pan American Pier while Celebrity cruises that just stop for the day, as with Equinox, dock in Old San Juan. The Old San Juan port is just a few minutes walk from the Segway tour company, which might make it more doable.  Does anyone know if this is the correct information and if it would impact the possibility of catching this tour?  Much appreciated! 

I wouldn't book a 4 pm tour. Your ship needs to be cleared for disembarkation after it arrives, and if it actually doesn't dock until 3:30 then it may be just starting disembarkation at 4. Ships often dock earlier than the scheduled time but there's no guarantee that this will happen on any particular sailing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 11:27 AM, Bunny_Watson said:

We are booked on the Celebrity Equinox, docking in San Juan at 3:30 pm on Monday March 18th, and would be interested in taking a tour with Segway Tours of PR that starts at 4 p.m.  I understand that we dock at the Pan American pier which Google Maps shows as a 12 minute drive from the tour company.  Is 30 minutes enough time to disembark, catch a taxi, and make it by 4 p.m.?  Seems very tight to me!  If others have experience with this I'd love to hear it.  Thank you!

Contact the tour company and email them and tell them your situation.   We did this tour a few years ago and it was amazing