Allure March 1 2020 cancelled

WyKnott

We have the March 1 2020 Allure Eastern Caribbean booked. Two days ago, I happened to check our reservation with RCL and saw it now says 14 night Spanish Transatlantic. I figured it was a glitch and waited a day to see if it would clear itself up. A day later, it was still the same so I called Royal to see what the deal is. I was told that the ship has been redeployed, and I would be getting an email from them with my options. I'm thinking dry dock was changed to earlier? 

The March 1 cruise is no longer listed for sale, so there's that, but the March 8 Western Caribbean is still selling. Still waiting for that email.

Edited by WyKnott
Because May and March are two entirely different months. d'oh!

We're looking at maybe Carnival Panorama out of Long Beach around the same time. Cheaper prices and no airfare is tempting, but I really wanted to see the new Coco Cay, darn it. Whatever is decided, I'm waiting for that email from Royal first.

13 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Thanks for the post, we usually cruise around this time of year and have been on Allure twice that week.  I'm currently working on my 2020 plans.   

Sorry BillOh. I meant March. Edited to reflect that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s strange that the 8th and 15th are still available for booking.  I’m wondering if the 1st has just been chartered but they sent out the wrong letter and the TA is still set for the 22nd.

I haven't received any letter from Royal yet. The redeployment story is what I was told when I called after seeing that my booking was now listed as a transatlantic. Who knows any more. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

4 minutes ago, WyKnott said:

I haven't received any letter from Royal yet. The redeployment story is what I was told when I called after seeing that my booking was now listed as a transatlantic. Who knows any more. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

That makes me believe my theory even more that your sailing is just chartered and the agent thought that it was due to a Transatlantic.

15 minutes ago, WyKnott said:

Where was it listed as a TA?🤔

Is it 14 nights now?

Will be interesting to see what happens to the March 8th and 15th!😋

Maybe they had to move the drydock to March 2020?🤔

15 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Is it 14 nights now?

Are you booked on all of them?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Is it 14 nights now?

When I log into the Royal website, my booking now says 14 night transatlantic. There is no 14 night transatlantic for sale for Allure on that date, plus that would make it awkward for the people booked on the March 8 Caribbean cruise. It might be a charter, but the person I talked to on the phone told me it was a redeployment after putting me on hold for several minutes. Who knows. The upshot is that I'm not taking that cruise, and I'm waiting for something official from Royal to see what they offer me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Bringing this up again? Kind of like apples to oranges.

Why so, the sting is still there. 

And why apples to oranges? They could have put us on Ovation at a fair price.  They chose not to.  Am I wrong?

BTW, bringing up past comments is considered stalking by some people. 😉

Edited by John&LaLa

On a past sailing I was lucky ending up way ahead with my Price Protection, on board credit and choice of single ship/sailing and available cabin. Though feel sorry for other's not as lucky... As Royal releases new sailings earlier and earlier seems to be more changes, mine was canceled few weeks after was released...

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Why so, the sting is still there. 

And why apples to oranges? They could have put us on Ovation at a fair price.  They chose not to.  Am I wrong?

BTW, bringing up past comments is considered stalking by some people. 😉

Just saying that the TA’s are one offs and that all the Caribbean cruises that I’ve seen and been on that have ultimately been chartered have received price protection.

4 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

On a past sailing I was lucky ending up way ahead with my Price Protection, on board credit and choice of single ship/sailing and available cabin. Though feel sorry for other's not as lucky... As Royal releases new sailings earlier and earlier seems to be more changes, mine was canceled few weeks after was released...

I've definitely scored some good deals

Just now, Biker19 said:

It's not my fault they chose to break it up that way.  I mean it's not like that voyage existed before they cancelled ours. 😉

It was a Business decision that short changed a lot of customers. 

Ken is correct, somewhat different than a Caribbean charter.

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It's not my fault they chose to break it up that way.  I mean it's not like that voyage existed before they cancelled ours. 😉

It was a Business decision that short changed a lot of customers. 

Ken is correct, somewhat different than a Caribbean charter.

Forgot about your Situation. Have B2B2B this Apr/May inc the TA on Vision. That would be upsetting cancel one leg...

12 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Forgot about your Situation. Have B2B2B this Apr/May inc the TA on Vision. That would be upsetting cancel one leg...

Pretty sure they've done that as well.  Rhspsody was repositioning to Pt Canaveral. It was B3B for Laura. She ended up on Jewel with a protected fare, but they wouldn't do anything about the first leg since it did not get cancelled.