Allure March 1 2020 cancelled

WyKnott

40 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure they've done that as well.  Rhspsody was repositioning to Pt Canaveral. It was B3B for Laura. She ended up on Jewel with a protected fare, but they wouldn't do anything about the first leg since it did not get cancelled. 

Yes, I had the Rhap Repo B2B, in a Corner/Aft Jr. When they canceled I got back on my usual Serenade Bos/FLL Repo. Back then was able just did quick hold on the new ship, emailed my PVP in AM locking cabin in. Was going skip Serenade that yr as was overpriced, but the Price Protection saved me about $1200 & got $450 OBC.. My Vision TA in May will be my first on that Class in years, did 6 cruises in 1996-2002, but will be B2B in Corner/Aft wrap around which the Rhap was supposed to be in 2017

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

I'm also booked on this cruise.  Booked thru a TA.  How much can I expect in getting compensated on a different cruise?  The same itinerary and same room is available on the Symphony a week later.  Should I request a cruise on the SOTS at the Allure rate?

7 minutes ago, TNcruiser829 said:

I'm also booked on this cruise.  Booked thru a TA.  How much can I expect in getting compensated on a different cruise?  The same itinerary and same room is available on the Symphony a week later.  Should I request a cruise on the SOTS at the Allure rate?

You will only get price protection on the few sailings that Royal has designated as alternates.

7 minutes ago, TNcruiser829 said:

Thanks for the quick answer.  How do I find out which cruises those are? 

Your travel agent should have received that info from Royal.  You must make alternate arrangements with the travel agent.

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger

Mmmm it’s strange for a transatlantic to be that early - not sure what it says for the dry dock and European season 2020.... WyNot can you do a screen shot of the 14 night Transatlantic please? (Be interesting to knownwhat the itinerary is and where it is headed for)? Be great if you could share that info?

March is very early for a TA, unless they are going to do her dry dock over in the USA first and then bring her over for the European season..which would be very unlikely as there would then be no point in having a European season!

Sail her empty and straight to dry dock?

Or it’s a RCI glitch.

Either way I’m eager to book her when she is back over in the Med 2020

Guest BigRoger

Thorben am not sure you’re right unless you have a reliable source or things have changed because I had ‘horses mouth’ info from ‘a very very reliable and senior source’ That it would be revenue transatlantic..... but things change....

4 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Mmmm it’s strange for a transatlantic to be that early - not sure what it says for the dry dock and European season 2020.... WyNot can you do a screen shot of the 14 night Transatlantic please? (Be interesting to knownwhat the itinerary is and where it is headed for)? Be great if you could share that info?

The transatlantic is not quite this early.  It’s still early March 22 but it’s not March 1.  This is a one off sailing that was cancelled for whatever reason.  They are still selling March 8 and 15.

This seems to be a coincidence.

The cancellation of the Oasis March 31 cruise (third sailing before her scheduled TA) and now this one for the Allure(third sailing before her TA) and both were cancelled within a day of each other.

This makes me wonder if there is something that needs to be done to prep them for the TA because they are sailing earlier than they did for their past drydocks. (I’m thinking Plants in CP) or is there additional work that they can do easier in Freeport?

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The transatlantic is not quite this early.  It’s still early March 22 but it’s not March 1.  This is a one off sailing that was cancelled for whatever reason.  They are still selling March 8 and 15.

This seems to be a coincidence.

The cancellation of the Oasis March 31 cruise (third sailing before her scheduled TA) and now this one for the Allure(third sailing before her TA) and both were cancelled within a day of each other.

This makes me wonder if there is something that needs to be done to prep them for the TA because they are sailing earlier than they did for their past drydocks. (I’m thinking Plants in CP) or is there additional work that they can do easier in Freeport?

Interesting!🤔👍

I guess we will find out with the next schedules released next week and the week after....🤠

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

When the May 2018 TA from Barcelona on the Mariner OTS was cancelled there was no compensation cruise to replace it, did not expect there would be.  About 1,000 of us enjoyed Barcelona for 2 days and got to New York on the new Carnival Horizon. Reminded me why I prefer Royal or NCL.  

6 hours ago, little britain said:

March is very early for a TA, unless they are going to do her dry dock over in the USA first and then bring her over for the European season..which would be very unlikely as there would then be no point in having a European season!

There´s no dry dock in the USA big enough for the Allure. The reason she spends a season in Europe is that she has to go into dry dock there (pretty likely in Cadiz).

steamboats

3 hours ago, steamboats said:

There´s no dry dock in the USA big enough for the Allure. The reason she spends a season in Europe is that she has to go into dry dock there (pretty likely in Cadiz).

steamboats

I didn't know if any of the facilities will have been updated (in 2 years time) to increase the size.

Happy to see my favourite Oasis class ship back over here..... but I wish they would do the DD prior to the summer season when they charge inflated prices for the European market with a "worn out ship"; which is exactly what is happening with Oasis next summer.🙁

7 minutes ago, little britain said:

I didn't know if any of the facilities will have been updated (in 2 years time) to increase the size.

Happy to see my favourite Oasis class ship back over here..... but I wish they would do the DD prior to the summer season when they charge inflated prices for the European market with a "worn out ship"; which is exactly what is happening with Oasis next summer.🙁

While I agree it would be nice to have a freshly refurbished ship to sail on with all the new bells and whistles I’d hardly describe her as “worn out”

18 minutes ago, little britain said:

... but I wish they would do the DD prior to the summer season when they charge inflated prices for the European market with a "worn out ship"; which is exactly what is happening with Oasis next summer.🙁

That´s why I have no interest in booking the Oasis... I want to see the new stuff and what has changed. The ship can go only one itinerary in the Med which I have done on Allure, Harmony and Symphony. So for me - as well as for you - the ship is the destination. I´ve been on the Oasis the first 5 nights when she came out and on a regular 7 night Eastern Caribbian cruise in 2010. Then I "brought" her over to Europe in 2014. I was looking forward to a Westbound TA after the dry dock but that won´t happen. And I don´t think that us Europeans will book her pretty well as we´ve done with Allure, Harmony and Symphony. The later two have been brand new. The Allure was the first Oasis class ship staying a full Med season. So it was sort of new. But the Oasis is then 10 years old and by that regards an old ship. Many people will think she´s "worn out".

And no, no new dry docks in the US. And Freeport can accomodate only "half" of the ship which they have done before to repair the azipods.

steamboats

8 minutes ago, WyKnott said:

Still trying to figure out how to imbed photos, but here's a link to the screenshot. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68067966@N00/45349221275/in/dateposted/

The itinerary is Ft Lauderdale; La Palma, Canary Islands; Seville, Spain;, Malaga, Spain; and Barcelona, Spain.

That doesn't show a screenshot that i can view. If you can email me that screenshot and i'll see if i can post it.  mworkman@nc.rr.com

Edited by mworkman