Symphony out of Miami - Show times becoming available

BillOh

I'm specifically interested in any recent or soon to cruise on Symphony sailing out of Miami as to when show reservations become available online.  This is my 4th Oasis class sailing, but first since 2016.   I assume shows are becoming available somewhere between 90-120 days as was the norm back in 2016.  Any recent Oasis/Allure/Harmony cruisers is that still accurate?   Of course I'm wanting to catch it ASAP and alert my roll call so I'm starting to get a routine of checking now and will re-check every few days, but when I checked today, which also happens to be my first time doing so with the new website and cruise planner I noticed something different.  At the bottom if the image below is say to try again on the ship.  Being the compulsive planner/sharer, I really don't want to do that and want to take advantage (again) of being a CC member and planner.  

notyet.JPG

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Bill, are you seeing specific day/times for events, but you cannot reserve them?

I'm only able to see excursions and book specialty dining so far.  BTW, $57 for Chops per person, has passed by pain threshold. 

40 minutes ago, BillOh said:

I'm only able to see excursions and book specialty dining so far.  BTW, $57 for Chops per person, has passed by pain threshold. 

They passed my "worth it"  threshold at $30.

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Hi!  Our trip is Feb 2, and I think our shows were available about 2 weeks ago... so approx 70ish days?

My belief, based on past Oasis class cruises was someone working for a particular cruises does about 4 cruises at a time.  By that logic, if it still holds true is there should be a range of +/- 30 days.    Someone on the Feb 9th cruise may have gotten the opening the same day.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BillOh said:

That may vary, but maybe recent cruisers will comment. 

On the January 26th Western, Hairspray is on Day 1 at 8:30, Day 2 at 10:30 and Day 3 at 9:30. 

As I recall, reservations opened around the end of November-ish. 

mac_tlc

The two above posts lead me to believe Symphony is doing what, in my experience, Oasis and Allure did. (I've not been on Harmony yet)  I think  someone possibly on the ship , sets the times for the shows once a month and uploads them 4 cruises at a time, so is can possibly be in the 60-90 day out timeframe.  I'm at 107 and no shows yet. 

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

The two above posts lead me to believe Symphony is doing what, in my experience, Oasis and Allure did. (I've not been on Harmony yet)  I think  someone possibly on the ship , sets the times for the shows once a month and uploads them 4 cruises at a time, so is can possibly be in the 60-90 day out timeframe.  I'm at 107 and no shows yet. 

I'm on the Feb. 2 sail and the reserves opened up at the 70 day mark (Nov. 21).  Headliner reserves not available.  Also, there was a sale on Chops from $52 per to $42 (20% discount).  Decided to go with the  2 SR promo of $40 pp and hoping for Chops & Hooked Seafood.

On a different subject, what pier in Miami for Symphony OTS.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

PS  Royal' website still sucks.   Logged into my account, was on my dashboard, made some entertainment reservations. Came back 30 minutes later, logged in, clicked on cruise planner on my dashboard, a screen that shows my reservation number, cruise date and ship.  It then takes me to a screen that asks for all that again, and then takes me to a dead page. 

15 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Our Symphony reservations opened up at 79 days!    No Comedy Club reservations available though.  Did they change that and make you wait till you get on board?

Ours just opened today as well for the 7th sailing. Had to wait until 59 days. Some of us were chewing on furniture in the roll call, lol!

1 minute ago, Ralphinsc said:

Ours just opened today as well for the 7th sailing. Had to wait until 59 days. Some of us were chewing on furniture in the roll call, lol!

That reinforces my previous theory that they open 3 or 4 sailings at a time.