Do you buy the Cruise Next certificates?

havanadaydreaming

Is there somewhere on NCL's site that explains how this works? I've looked but can't find anything.  What I think I understand from this thread is: You can purchase a next cruise certificate for a set amount of money ie: $500. You then get 50% back in OBC. Can you use that OBC towards another certificate?

11 minutes ago, Unclearnie said:

Is there somewhere on NCL's site that explains how this works? I've looked but can't find anything.  What I think I understand from this thread is: You can purchase a next cruise certificate for a set amount of money ie: $500. You then get 50% back in OBC. Can you use that OBC towards another certificate?

You can use the $250 against the one you just bought, The -$500 and the +$250 get posted to your onboard account at the same time leaving you just $250 to settle.

https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/cruisenext

We have because we fell in love with NCL.   I still compare prices and itineraries before booking a cruise with other companies, but NCL usually offers me a better situation via price and ports depending on my time line.  It's one of those deals that forces you to make sure you take time out of your life to take a vacation!  I think we have used 5 of them now (2 on our children).

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 4:32 PM, gmbhardy said:

What’s even better is using your OBC to purchase the certificates.

Meaning  additional  obc,  in my case.    The best use of the stockholder credit for me.  😉    I buy  one for $50  :)  :)  :)   (every cruise)