Oceania's "Contact Us" e--form

Aulanis

Oceania's  "Contact Us" e--form

Has anyone any recent  experience of using this?
It is 2 weeks tomorrow since I sent a query regarding  transfer

ship to airport in Tahiti. Our T/A  forwarded a missive saying

we would be picked up and taken to a holding area at or

Near?? to the airport.

Having been told for the last 10 months we would be taken

to the airport we have booked in at the airport motel hoping

to get a bit of rest in the afternoon. - 11pm flight

I initially asked our TA where the holding area

( nice term for a luxury cruise line?) would be. 

The answer was they cant/wont tell us until we are on board.

As it is now 25 days or so til we sail I am sure someone will

know thearrangements.

The auto response said they deal with correspondence in

the order in which it is received  and we will get a reply

in a timely manner!!

So can anyone suggest what a timely manner is - 1 week?

2weeks? after we leave home?

I know I could ring them up but I doubt if anyone in the UK

can offer up an instant reply. 

Edited by Aulanis

I realize you are ticked off (or at least questioning) the promptness of their reply. A valid question.

In the meantime, if you are curious in others' experience in Tahiti, you might ask that. 

We booked a room for the day at a resort. You can do it through the cruise line (I think that's what we did) or do it independently. We were driven to the resort and then picked up later and taken to the airport. It was lovely to be able to shower before our flight.

Other people arranged a day tour independently. They made sure they could bring their luggage with them on the tour. I think that's what I would do in hindsight. I didn't see a lot of Tahiti.

Others took the cruise line transfer - and there was a holding area at a hotel or resort. A little bit of grumbling about the facilities. They were also taken to the airport earlier than we were.

Others booked a night at a hotel, either on Tahiti or across on Moorea. There is a local ferry.

It was several years ago now, though. I bet someone could give you better info. And better than Oceania will give you!

Frances

Edited by Tansy Mews

The   online  form  is  slow to get replies

I would call  since you have tried via your TA without success  or just make your own arrangements (probably a lot cheaper  than O)

JMO

22 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

The   online  form  is  slow to get replies

I would call  since you have tried via your TA without success  or just make your own arrangements (probably a lot cheaper  than O)

JMO

Yes.

Definitely cancel the transfer (always overpriced IMO ) and make your own arrangements.  We have heard and read multiple complaints about the facilities Oceania takes you to.  

Spend the money to get a hotel room, try the Intercontinental.  Doubt they will give you a “day room”  but you can ask.  Book a regular hotel room and take a taxi there from the ship.  Worst case scenario you relax at their pool, have lunch then get into your room mid day to rest and relax.  Then taxi to the airport.  Make sure you have dinner at the hotel before you leave.   Airport eateries are poor, there is no AC and the terminal is very small.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sammiedawg said:

Yes.

Definitely cancel the transfer (always overpriced IMO ) and make your own arrangements.  We have heard and read multiple complaints about the facilities Oceania takes you to.  

Spend the money to get a hotel room, try the Intercontinental.  Doubt they will give you a “day room”  but you can ask.  Book a regular hotel room and take a taxi there from the ship.  Worst case scenario you relax at their pool, have lunch then get into your room mid day to rest and relax.  Then taxi to the airport.  Make sure you have dinner at the hotel before you leave.   Airport eateries are poor, there is no AC and the terminal is very small.  

Excellent advice!

Thanks for the replies - have asked TA to contact Oceania to cancel the transfers  ( billed at £100 each)  - yes I know its only 20-30 mins to the airport we were there in October!  but it was sold as a package so not sure if "bits" can be knocked off. If not I will have to tackle it when we get on board and

try and insist on being dropped at the airport as it originally said.

For those recommending a day room I do believe the OP mentioned in the first post they have a room booked by the airport. There's where the rub is, they need to get to this hotel but the Oceania transfer takes them to the holding area, wherever that is. 

They obviously are past final payment. I don't know if the transfer can be taken off after FP, perhaps it can but refund given as OBC. 

Come back and let us know what your TA says. 

TA says  yes!!  we can cancel and have a refund of £190   which is pretty good as I was thinking we would just have to loose it all.

Just need to brush up on my French  - its a bit far to walk LOL.

Thanks fo the input.

In case you were wondering I have still had no reply from  Oceania.

Edited by Aulanis

Even though I can understand the OP’s frustration, there is an obvious fact in this story. A lot of the smaller details of what occurs in far off ports, often visited just a few times per year, typically performed by subcontractors is not known by the customer service representatives sitting in Miami. 

Also, anecdotal information may not apply.   I have read here on several occasions on how something was handled at a given location. When we got there, different contractors doing things in a different manner. Tasks still got done efficiently, but differently. 

We are often trapped in a world of the 6 Ps  and trying to micromanage everything. Those lower paid customer reps in Miami, sitting 7 time zones away can’t give you a reply because no one in the office knows for certain and whatever they tell you today could well be different in late January or February.