1st time out of NOLA

lovetotraveltx

We are cruising NCL out of NOLA end of December. We are spending two nights pre cruise at the New Orleans Marriott at 555 Canal Street. Their overnight parking is outrageous. Is there a garage we can self park in overnight within walking distance?

Also, where should we park for our 7-night cruise? And, can we book in advance? Thank you!

We use Machu Picchu parking.  We are cruising out of NOLA on Dec 30.   Getting to NOLA on Dec 27.  Angel at Machu Pichu will meet us at the parking garage to park the Jeep and transfer us to our hotel on the 27th, come get us on Dec 30 and take us to the ship, and then ship to Jeep on Jan 6.  We've used them four times with no hassles at all.

9 hours ago, shaneandpamela said:

We use Machu Picchu parking.  We are cruising out of NOLA on Dec 30.   Getting to NOLA on Dec 27.  Angel at Machu Pichu will meet us at the parking garage to park the Jeep and transfer us to our hotel on the 27th, come get us on Dec 30 and take us to the ship, and then ship to Jeep on Jan 6.  We've used them four times with no hassles at all.

Thank you! We arrive on 28th. Do you mind me asking his cost for the 10 nights and transfers?

Don't know off hand.  Think the week is $110 cash and extra days are $15 per day - cheaper than hotel parking for sure.  Transfers are included but I tip the driver for every trip.  Worth the extra to me.  Completely covered and gated parking so I'm not worried about vandalism.  

Edited by shaneandpamela
  • Like 1

I second Machu Picchu.  Love the fact that when you drive up, there's no waiting for others to fill a van.  You come, luggage out the car heading to port.  Same on return. Call, within minutes at the port, picked me up, car waiting for me loaded and gone in no time.

I also parked at Fulton and they are also a good option.  Just you have to wait for a full van.  But at peak time, they have several vans coming and going.

Not sure about the other option, but the hotel might be cheaper.  Unless you can hit an early bird fare. I paid close to $30 and it wasn't for a full day.  The next time just will stay downtown and pay for parking at the hotel