What to do after disembarkation in Bayonne until 3PM flight out of EWR

KKB

We have a 3PM flight out of EWR. 

RCCL has a great tour/transfer "excursion" with an NYC tour but it is for flights after 3:30...

The other 2 transfer/excursions don't appeal to us (cannot to that shopping one; we are on United Economy so luggage is LIMITED)

Any ideas on anything we could do for a few hours in the AM? (and how to deal with luggage...)

If you said you had an 8 or 9 o'clock flight, then I would give you ideas, but in my opinion, a 3pm flight does not really give you a lot of time to do much....plus I would not risk getting stuck in traffic from  where ever you go and get to the airport.  Traffic can be horrific in that area.  I would do the same thing the above poster said.  Stay on the ship until the final call, head over to the airport, have lunch, go window shopping and just relax.  Time will go fast just people watching!  I would rather be safe than sorry.

10 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

EWR is the only point of any interest whatsoever within an hour or so’s travel range — there really is no other practical option.

This is not true. Liberty State Park or Lower Manhattan are well within one hour travel range. 

18 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

This is not true. Liberty State Park or Lower Manhattan are well within one hour travel range. 

But there really isn’t time to drop off luggage somewhere (and I don’t know where you could drop it in NJ). As a local, I’d stay onboard as long as possible, and then head for the airport.

21 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

2 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

But there really isn’t time to drop off luggage somewhere (and I don’t know where you could drop it in NJ). As a local, I’d stay onboard as long as possible, and then head for the airport.

I agree with the advice to stay on board late, and go to the airport. With the luggage issues, and traffic, and the need to get to the airport well before the 3pm flight, there really isn’t that much time. 

6 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Agreed. I only added that info so lurkers unfamiliar with the area would know there are possibilities if you have a later flight.