Jewel of Seas Puerto Rico Arrival 12/8

What a mess arriving in Puerto Rico today. This morning's porter strike blocked the entrance to the port and left Royal Caribbean flat footed and ill prepared. We waited in the express walk off lounge for 30 minutes after the scheduled departure before the first announcement as to what was causing the delay and then almost 2 hours to walk off with very few interim updates. Finally we were told bags were not being unloaded, but once off the ship we found a large number of guests without bags were allowed off the ship prior to express walk off. Evidently this is not the first porter strike, so Puerto Rico passengers beware how poorly the port and Royal Caribbean are prepared to handle this.

Thanks for the heads up. We are embarking next week, so I’ll plan for extra time. 

I hope they are able to find a solution. Sounds like chaos getting off the ship. I sure hope they were able to provision and board the next ship! 

3 hours ago, rubytue said:

Thanks for the heads up. We are embarking next week, so I’ll plan for extra time. 

I hope they are able to find a solution. Sounds like chaos getting off the ship. I sure hope they were able to provision and board the next ship! 

I've read on the Celebrity forum the strike is over.

• Like 1