3 days before cruise and still no electronic tickets- is this normal?

aleeoc

I did the online checkin. The site says “your electronic tickets will be emailed to you one week before the sail date. “ taking the Wind Star out of Aruba on 12/11/18. 

However it is now 3 days before the sail date and I have not received anything. I am not sure exactly where I am supposed to go to meet the ship, nor when to show up. Was I supposed to get something via email telling me where to go? With Viking and Azamara for example, you get a packet in the mail with luggage tags, instructions, etc. but we have heard nothing from Windstar. 

We didn't get anything at all just prior to our recent Wind Surf Transatlantic, we  turned up at Lisbon and our name was on the list so it was all OK.

I did have the original invoice with me from when we paid WS for the voyage but didn't even have to show that.

This might have been a very different scenario if embarking at a US port, but that's not going to happen often with WS.

You you should have received your final invoice by now. That has the departure and boarding time on it. She ship can’t be hard to find in Aruba, but if you google aruba Cruise port I suspect you will find an actual berth number. 

I have no idea what an “electronic ticket” is. I’ve never received one in 15 WS Cruises. Just that final invoice. Just call your TA or WS if you booked directly and ask for a PDF of your final invoice. They should be able to do that immediately. 

3 hours ago, RemPuck said:

I’m in Aruba to board Star Breeze on Wednesday. Our hotel locks at the cruise terminal. It’s 21:00 local and Wind Star is still docked. Any news on status?  Hope is well. 

The port site says she was supposed to depart at 17:00. It looks like the Breeze is hanging out just outside port and It looks like the Breeze and Star are both using dock I. 

Edit. Scratch the Breeze that was a false hit on another Breeze. Vessel Finder is now showing the Star as underway, just a bit outside port. I hope that’s true. 

Edited by milepig

1 hour ago, RemPuck said:

At 8:30 this morning, both Star and Breeze are docked in Aruba. Star is in a different berth - perhaps you caught her moving when you saw her on vessel finder. We have a very full port in Aruba- 6 ships. 

Must be. She was showing as just a bit outside port so very possibly repositioning. I wonder what’s up?

She finally sailed about 2:30. Big to do on the Breeze as she left (lots of big waves from our crew) but no one could (would?) tell us what caused the delay. 

We just finished the safety drill and the captain announced that due to delays in loading provisions, our sail out is delayed from 5:00 until about 7:15. I wonder if Windstar had loading delays too.