Espresso coffee in Windows cafe?

DaveA

Is there an espresso coffee machine in the Windows cafe? We like strong lattes with our breakfast and on our last Azamara cruise, a couple of years ago, we had to go to breakfast via the Mosaic cafe and take our coffees up with us. We'll be on Journey in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks
Dave

The new machines in Quest and Pursuit are far superior to those they replaced. There are plenty of options on the menu screen for perfecting your own brew.  There is a second menu option that will deliver a double espresso into a single cup that you can then add your own level of steamed milk, or even an additional shot of espresso.  The only difficulty is describing to the waiter how exactly you want a triple espresso with hot milk when you want another!  I’m not sure if Journey has these newer machines yet, .

the machines use the same beans as Mosaic, unless you pay for Nespresso.

Edited by Azamarajunkie

Hi DaveA,

I just disembarked Pursuit on 12/1 and I found the espresso drinks from the machine in the Windows Cafe to be excellent. Very early a.m. I wander upstairs to get strong coffees to bring back to the stateroom. I do this on all three ships and have never been disappointed. 

5 hours ago, Azamarajunkie said:

The new machines in Quest and Pursuit are far superior to those they replaced. There are plenty of options on the menu screen for perfecting your own brew.  There is a second menu option that will deliver a double espresso into a single cup that you can then add your own level of steamed milk, or even an additional shot of espresso.  The only difficulty is describing to the waiter how exactly you want a triple espresso with hot milk when you want another!  I’m not sure if Journey has these newer machines yet, .

the machines use the same beans as Mosaic, unless you pay for Nespresso.

Does Pursuit have a Nespresso machine in Mosaic yet?

14 hours ago, Azamarajunkie said:

The new machines in Quest and Pursuit are far superior to those they replaced. ...  I’m not sure if Journey has these newer machines yet, .

Thanks Azamarajunkie and Bonnie.

Does anyone know if Journey has such a machine? Mind you, I guess I'll find out in 11 days time!

21 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi DaveA,

I just disembarked Pursuit on 12/1 and I found the espresso drinks from the machine in the Windows Cafe to be excellent. Very early a.m. I wander upstairs to get strong coffees to bring back to the stateroom. I do this on all three ships and have never been disappointed. 

Unfortunately this only works when they are not on enhanced health precautions- can’t do it this Cruise you need to use room service before 7 am which wakes the other one in the room. 

We got good advice from the hotel director to ask for machine made not jug poured coffees at breakfast. It was far superior but unfortunately we caught two waiters both who did not want to wait by the machines trying to pass off jug coffee as machine made. As we’d watch them pour it from the jug we called their bluff! As black coffee drinkers we can tell fresh made from bulk brewed. To avoid further issues we’ve reverted to our usual visit to Mosaic ahead of Windows to carry up our breakfast coffees. 

On 12/9/2018 at 2:55 PM, BBMacLaird said:

Hi DaveA,

Bonnie, when cruising I am usually up on deck by 5.30 a.m and am wondering if I can find my first coffee of the day at that time in Windows? I don't want to order via Room Service as that will require a wait and a knock on the door that might wake "she who must not be disturbed".

Norris, fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, Bimmer09 said:

Bonnie, when cruising I am usually up on deck by 5.30 a.m and am wondering if I can find my first coffee of the day at that time in Windows? I don't want to order via Room Service as that will require a wait and a knock on the door that might wake "she who must not be disturbed".

Norris, fingers crossed.

Bimmer09, if you do not want to have "she who must not be disturbed" woken by a knock on the door, I don't see why you could not order "room service" via Guest Relations and have it delivered to a public area of your choosing if there are enhanced sanitation procedures in place.