Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
RadioPeri

Adventure Power Outlets

Recommended Posts

Age old question ... what's the latest on power and USB outlets?

 

We haven't been on this ship in ages, and hoping against hope things have been updated!

 

I don't think it matters, but we're in an aft balcony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two US 110V outlets and one Euro 220V outlet in the desk area.  One combo US/Euro outlet in the bathroom for shavers only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Two US 110V outlets and one Euro 220V outlet in the desk area.  One combo US/Euro outlet in the bathroom for shavers only.

 

Blecch. That's what I was afraid of. Beyond ridiculous in this day and age. 

 

Thanks anyway, though! (Don't mean to shoot the messenger.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Some cabins have been outfitted with USB power under bedside lamps, but not all.

 

I have heard that some cabins on Adventure have these. We were in an aft cabin on Adventure in March and I did not notice them but I was not looking for them either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

 

I have heard that some cabins on Adventure have these. We were in an aft cabin on Adventure in March and I did not notice them but I was not looking for them either.

 

We've had two different JS staterooms on Adventure and both had the USB outlets in the bottom of the light fixtures on either side of the bed.  Not easy to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

 

I have heard that some cabins on Adventure have these. We were in an aft cabin on Adventure in March and I did not notice them but I was not looking for them either.

 

 

23 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

We've had two different JS staterooms on Adventure and both had the USB outlets in the bottom of the light fixtures on either side of the bed.  Not easy to see.

 

Okay, fingers crossed. I guess we won't know for sure until we get on board.

 

Thanks, y'all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have bought from the big box stores, a charging tower. One plug, then it has 4usb ports. Since its not a power cord,it's usb ports, no problem bringing on ship 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disregarded the warning on the shaver outlet and plugged my water pick into it. Ran for a few minutes and died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just off Adventure.  JS 1334 had the USB's in the lamps, and as the other poster said, very hard to see.  

 

Only other plugs by desk, two of them .    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

I have bought from the big box stores, a charging tower. One plug, then it has 4usb ports. Since its not a power cord,it's usb ports, no problem bringing on ship 

 

Hi Sue, I remember you from the Harmony this past spring! We have all the accouterments, it's just annoying to not be able to plug things in bedside.

Hoping they've upgraded all the lamps, not just in the Junior Suites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 6:16 PM, bilyclub said:

I disregarded the warning on the shaver outlet and plugged my water pick into it. Ran for a few minutes and died.

The issue with the shaver outlet is a power (it's limited) - you may have damaged your water pick due to the voltage (perhaps you have a 110V unit and plugged into 220V).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The issue with the shaver outlet is a power (it's limited) - you may have damaged your water pick due to the voltage (perhaps you have a 110V unit and plugged into 220V).

 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The issue with the shaver outlet is a power (it's limited) - you may have damaged your water pick due to the voltage (perhaps you have a 110V unit and plugged into 220V).

 

 

Yeah, I'm assuming the shaver outlet was 220V because the waterpik was over revving. Later I saw a disclaimer in the waterpik paperwork about using in the US only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

 

 

 

Yeah, I'm assuming the shaver outlet was 220V because the waterpik was over revving. Later I saw a disclaimer in the waterpik paperwork about using in the US only.

 

All the shaver outlets I've seen are combo 110V/220V, and the only way to get 220V would be to use a US to Euro adapter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

 

 

 

Yeah, I'm assuming the shaver outlet was 220V because the waterpik was over revving. Later I saw a disclaimer in the waterpik paperwork about using in the US only.

The outlets are typically like this:

Image result for of the seas shaver outlet

 

so that you can plug into either side - you just happened to plug into the 22/30 side.

Edited by Biker19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

All the shaver outlets I've seen are combo 110V/220V, and the only way to get 220V would be to use a US to Euro adapter.

 

I do bring one of those with me, but can't remember what I did. I probably plugged it into the wrong side.  Now I'm wondering if I should try again.  I'll have to look up what it draws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

 

I do bring one of those with me, but can't remember what I did. I probably plugged it into the wrong side.  Now I'm wondering if I should try again.  I'll have to look up what it draws.

 

The devices are usually marked either on the power cord or near where the power card is attached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

The devices are usually marked either on the power cord or near where the power card is attached.

 

 

The waterpik draws 15 watts, and a electric razor is listed at 15-20.   I might try it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...