No plastic water bottles

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks Cruisestitch. Do you know if both are only included in the premium beverage package?

The Evian is included in the Premium and the aluminum Classic (so can get both with Premium - I had to specify aluminum with the Premium package - they just assumed I wanted Evian). I preferred the aluminum for carrying around the ship, since they are lighter and wouldn't shatter if I dropped them.  They also have some large Evian glass bottles. The Retreat had the smaller bottles of Evian in their refrig.

Two of the aluminum cans were in our IV when we arrived, whereas the suites had the large Evian.

image.thumb.png.8c1b01aeb591c924d93060bf355a46f8.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks Cruisestitch. Do you know if both are only included in the premium beverage package?

We had the premium package on the Infinity in mid-November and both were included.

Edited by Oville
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

No idea, sorry.  I’ll try to figure out more as the week goes on.

Thanks cruisestitch. Vt and Oville have kindly provided the answer to my question. If you happen to notice a price list, would you post the prices for the waters? Thanks again for all the great information you’re posting! It’s very helpful.

On our Panama Canal cruise on Infinity in October, they were actually giving bottled water for free when we disembarked in the ports. I guess they wanted to make sure that people stayed hydrated? Or maybe so they didn't drink local water? Either way, it was the first time I've seen that done on Celebrity.

When making your water decision, consider the type of water.  The cans now offered on the Edge are purified water, not natural spring water.  The Celebrity ingredient list is exactly the same as the Disani brand by Coke. It contains some salts like magnesium sulfate and potasium chloride.  We did not like the taste at all.  In fact we liked the Ship's tap water better, probably because the filtration system was brand new.   I'd wait until you board and check out the water to see if you like it.  Admittedly we are spoiled by artesian well water that's from the same source that Nestle uses to bottle it's  spring water that's distributed in the Southeast USA.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

When making your water decision, consider the type of water.  The cans now offered on the Edge are purified water, not natural spring water.  The Celebrity ingredient list is exactly the same as the Disani brand by Coke. It contains some salts like magnesium sulfate and potasium chloride.  We did not like the taste at all.  In fact we liked the Ship's tap water better, probably because the filtration system was brand new.   I'd wait until you board and check out the water to see if you like it.  Admittedly we are spoiled by artesian well water that's from the same source that Nestle uses to bottle it's  spring water that's distributed in the Southeast USA.

Where/ what is the source of the water?

..I  do not like the look of it and would need a straw if I did not have a glass

..We Prefer Spring water without salts..Zephyrhills is pretty good..inexpensive at Publix supermarket

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, lineverett said:

As at 2023 Silhouette were carrying True Spring water in metal bottles. Tgey were sealed, the lines pan free, sustainably sourced, alkaline water, bootlegs infinitely recyclable.

Guessing you meant 2022 😛

I'm all for getting rid of plastic water bottles, I can't stand the things altho admittedly the water out of my tap at home tastes better than any bottled water I've had before. 

However, do celebrity provide specific recycling bins for them or do they end up in the general waste bins? 

I was a bit confused about the water situation before I sailed.  The cans of water are included in all drink packages. The bottles of Evian are included in premium package.  We drank the cans. Liked the taste. We did bring our own insulated containers to use when off the ship. It worked well. 

4 hours ago, OysterD said:

I'm all for getting rid of plastic water bottles, I can't stand the things altho admittedly the water out of my tap at home tastes better than any bottled water I've had before. 

However, do celebrity provide specific recycling bins for them or do they end up in the general waste bins? 

I always left them in my stateroom with all the other empties for the steward to recycle.

5 hours ago, OysterD said:

5 years, one post, and they messed it up.