Onboard Booking for Someone Else

need2bespoiled

I tried searching for this, but wasn't sure.

I know on Celebrity someone can book a cruise for someone who is not on board.  Sometimes it's harder to do than others.

Can someone book a cruise for someone else who is NOT on board?

Has anyone actually accomplished this?

Basically we have close friends who will be on board and would love to get the extra OBC.
Happy Sailing,
Jenna

• 1 month later...

Glad you were able to take advantage of it. As far as I know this isn't a standard and have heard that the Future Cruise staff have been requested not to do it. This was middle of last year (I know because I asked and was told that staff had got into trouble for doing it).  I don't know whether that policy has been relaxed. If it hasn't then I do understand why. The member onboard booking perk really is just that. 

Phil 

Interesting to read of a new precedent - hopefully applying to all guests given how egalitarian Azamara is.  I might finally get a family member onboard by booking them the short hops from the UK being offered just now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Interesting to read of a new precedent - hopefully applying to all guests given how egalitarian Azamara is.  I might finally get a family member onboard by booking them the short hops from the UK being offered just now.

Interesting to me as well. I’ll see what I can find out...

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 2:26 PM, need2bespoiled said:

I’m not surprised they’re not supposed to, or that they did it for us. It was a longer cruise in an upper end suite so there was more incentive to bend the rules I guess. 

Happy sailing,

Jenna 

If you aren’t surprised that they shouldn’t be doing it then if it were me I certainly wouldn’t post here again about it.  Hardly great advice.  As for the upper end suite comment, sorry, I just roll my eyes at posts like that.

As I said, my understanding is that it HAD been done in the past, but a finger was waved not to do it in the future.  AFAIK, the Future Cruise Sales Team are targeted on the number of onboard bookings they do per cruise.  Booking a future cruise for someone not on the ship to enable the customer to gain the onboard perks and the sales team member an extra cruise sold is cheating the system and I guess that is why they clamped down on it.  Personally I wouldn’t want to put the ship staff in an awkward position either.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 2