All Things Magic

richbum

We just booked her for a cruise in September 2020!  I've seen interior photos and while I know art deco isn't everyone's taste, it looks beautiful to me and I can't wait to see it in person!  I've never cruised for a ship but rather for the ports, but this one is  50/50 for me.  

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:22 PM, iheartmarshall said:

We just booked her for a cruise in September 2020!  I've seen interior photos and while I know art deco isn't everyone's taste, it looks beautiful to me and I can't wait to see it in person!  I've never cruised for a ship but rather for the ports, but this one is  50/50 for me.  

We can't wait..not cruising until 1/21...but super excited to start planning! There are 12 of us ranging from 3 years to 50 years in age...I look at the ports first...even though I know they can change at a moments notice, then look for a ship we would all like...It sounds like the Magic will fit the bill this time!

• 2 months later...
On 12/28/2018 at 10:39 AM, ctsharpie05 said:

I am looking forward to the adults only serenity area...does it tend to get crowded? Is it open late? Thank you!

On sea days it's packed, we love it on port days when we don't go ashore. We sometimes walk 5' out of the Serenity area and there are empty chairs. The bar and bar servers were great. Not sure what you mean by open late? I'm sure you could sit in the dark at night, there is no gate.

3 hours ago, prekcruiser said:

I just booked the Magic for next May.  Can anyone tell me if inside cabins have refrigerators?

Yes, interiors on Magic have refrigerators.  We were in an inside cabin on deck 11 last December.  We liked the Magic so much that we just booked her sister ship Breeze for a family cruise this December.  Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

Just now, pamesacruisin said:

We are also thinking about booking a Magic cruise.  We just recently got off the Breeze.  For those that have sailed on both ships, are they basically the same?  Did you notice any differences good or bad?

There isnt much of a difference. The breeze is slightly newer and was the first ship Carnival changed their decor and interior aesthetics to look more contemporary/ modern. Otherwise, the layout it similar. You will have a great time on either ship.

I know this wont be a popular post but we cruised the Magic last September. It was myself, my wife, our 3 year old and my parents who are deeply loyal to royal and it was their first Carnival cruise. The trip was good, food was good, activities were good, comedy all that. It was good. We had an OS on deck 7 and where we had issues was with the air conditioning and sewage smell. The room, and my parents room (also on deck 7) was hot, humid and musty smelling. As soon as you got into the hall the sewage smell hit you like a ton of bricks. We've sailed the Breeze with no issues and I like the decor of the Breeze. I don't think I'd sail the magic again. 

9 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

I know this wont be a popular post but we cruised the Magic last September. It was myself, my wife, our 3 year old and my parents who are deeply loyal to royal and it was their first Carnival cruise. The trip was good, food was good, activities were good, comedy all that. It was good. We had an OS on deck 7 and where we had issues was with the air conditioning and sewage smell. The room, and my parents room (also on deck 7) was hot, humid and musty smelling. As soon as you got into the hall the sewage smell hit you like a ton of bricks. We've sailed the Breeze with no issues and I like the decor of the Breeze. I don't think I'd sail the magic again. 

Alot of people in our Facebook group also complained about the warm rooms when we sailed the magic. I guess I was fortunate and didnt have that issue in our rooms. We also were on the 7th deck. I didnt hear anyone complaining about a sewer smell though....