Azamara Misleads Again

Arizonasunshine

2 minutes ago, procter said:

Sadly Bonnie has not been seen recently since she asked for specific instances which were supplied to her.

I hope she is/can comeback with answers.

I think this is unfair, don’t blame the messenger! Don’t forget she has to pass on the examples to someone else (Miami?) then wait for them to answer her before she comes back here with an answer. I’m sure she will post as soon as she has an answer.

• Like 1

Just now, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I think this is unfair, don’t blame the messenger! Don’t forget she has to pass on the examples to someone else (Miami?) then wait for them to answer her before she comes back here with an answer. I’m sure she will post as soon as she has an answer.

Agree, we need to give Bonnie time. We are lucky to have her. I am sure we will get an answer, although I am not optimistic that I will like it.

2 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Just wanted to point out that I’m in the UK and got the price on the website - don’t know whether that makes any difference.

Grandma...you may have gotten the price but you were just darn lucky ! Unfortunately  for most, Azamara pricing is all over the place ....some others have gotten  lucky too.  It shouldn’t be a game of some do & some don’t !  Very frustrating ! 

Sharon

• Like 1

It is starting to look like Azamara is fully aware of the misleading web information and has done nothing to correct the misleading pricing. I am writing this at 8:40 pm EST. I have just checked the Azamara web site and the rates are exactly the same as they were Sunday, before the controversy on pricing and the BOGOHO promotion. 

Azamara can not say that they were not aware of a problem, they have denied my request to honor their web prices and BOGOHO promotion Monday morning. They have refused to honor other customers with the same situation. They are clearly aware of the problem but still no action on their part. 

Looks like the web site is down for maintenance...perhaps fixing/adjusting fares online? (From US site)

Message on the Azamara Web site below...

Website Maintenance

Please note that our systems will undergo maintenance from Tuesday, December 11th 8pm to Wednesday, December 12th 3am EST. During this timeframe, the Book a Voyage function on our website will be unavailable. The website and browse functionalities will not be affected.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding as we complete this essential maintenance.

Edited by EngSet

31 minutes ago, EngSet said:

Looks like the web site is down for maintenance...perhaps fixing/adjusting fares online? (From US site)

Message on the Azamara Web site below...

Website Maintenance

Please note that our systems will undergo maintenance from Tuesday, December 11th 8pm to Wednesday, December 12th 3am EST. During this timeframe, the Book a Voyage function on our website will be unavailable. The website and browse functionalities will not be affected.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding as we complete this essential maintenance.

Maybe, just maybe, they're fixing the problem everyone's complaining about.  Maybe, just maybe, we should wait and see what Wednesday brings and hold off on further accusations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Maybe, just maybe, they're fixing the problem everyone's complaining about.  Maybe, just maybe, we should wait and see what Wednesday brings and hold off on further accusations.

🙂 Wednesday a.m. may bring better news! 🙂 

17 hours ago, Arizonasunshine said:

Agree, we need to give Bonnie time. We are lucky to have her. I am sure we will get an answer, although I am not optimistic that I will like it.

Kinda.

On the one hand, sure, she should take all the time she needs.

On the other, where the exact, precise issue is confused communications, I'm mildly surprised she's not posting more just to be living proof that clear communication can happen.

My bet is that she has a few well-deserved days off.

I am having the same problem with the August 17th Northern Europe cruise. The balcony is priced at $3099. I was ready to book!

I went to book this morning because I thought that was a good price. No, once I have the cabin selected the price is $5399 for the first person, $2699 for the second.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I kept a screen shot of the prices as portrayed in the webpage.

edited to add: there is no information about down for maintenance.

Edited by MNgardens

2 hours ago, Shawnino said:

Kinda.

On the one hand, sure, she should take all the time she needs.

On the other, where the exact, precise issue is confused communications, I'm mildly surprised she's not posting more just to be living proof that clear communication can happen.

My bet is that she has a few well-deserved days off.

I can understand the frustration. However, I believe Bonnie has other duties besides being the CBO.

Also she posted a reply on our Roll Call yesterday so I don’t think she is taking some “days off”.

Given the need to get information from officers above her who will be busy with other tasks/assignments/meetings, there will always be a tension between speed and clarity of response on this forum.

I certainly hope your issues are addressed within the next few days to your satisfaction.

Azamara has resolved the Share & Save promotional pricing discrepancies on the website. In some cases, you may need to clear your browser’s cache to see the price changes.

We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused, and have implemented new policies that should prevent this error from occurring again.

Thank you for your patience as we worked toward a resolution on our website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I called my ta yesterday and asked if I should cancel and rebook to get this special offer as we are spending a bundle on our cruise in Oct 2019 because it is for our 50th wedding anniversary and she said let her handle it and lo and behold price got reduced quite a bit and Azamara threw in $200 abc.   I am very pleased as this will be our first Az cruise and am looking forward to it very much.    Linda