Help with Internet and D+ discount

jealdaka

Okay, first let me say that I really miss the past where they gave you a certain amount of minutes instead of one day of free internet. Oh, well!!

I think that we want to each use our free day and then buy a package for the remainder of the cruise. Is this correct? Will we still get a % discount off the remaining 5 nights? We don't use much but I do like to check emails, etc. Only one device at a time. Thanks!!

1 minute ago, jealdaka said:

I think that we want to each use our free day and then buy a package for the remainder of the cruise. Is this correct? Will we still get a % discount off the remaining 5 nights? 

Yes.

It's not a %, but the same $23 for D and $46 for D+ off the remaining days package.

2 minutes ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Okay. So one of us gets 2 free days and then the other can take $46 off the remaining package. Correct? I know - I sound kind of chintzy but just trying to get the best value.

Nothing chinzty about it - everyone who knows anything about the VOOM perks likely does it that way.

With correct usage and planning, you can get VOOM for a 7 day sailing for $3.

6 minutes ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Okay. So one of us gets 2 free days and then the other can take $46 off the remaining package. Correct? I know - I sound kind of chintzy but just trying to get the best value.

Thanks for the guidance.

Correct.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chucknmarilyn said:

How on earth do you do that??

Skip the first day as you'll have land cell signal till about dinner time. On day 2 around noon, get one 24 hr package - lasts till day 3 at noon. On day 3 repeat the above - shift it a bit later in the day. On morning of day 5 buy the remaining days package (with second coupon) for $2 (it's about $48 - $46 discount).

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Skip the first day as you'll have land cell signal till about dinner time. On day 2 around noon, get one 24 hr package - lasts till day 3 at noon. On day 3 repeat the above - shift it a bit later in the day. On morning of day 5 buy the remaining days package (with second coupon) for $2 (it's about $48 - $46 discount).

Awesome!!

6 minutes ago, island284 said:

D+, traveling solo . . . Do I receive one or two free days and then can I  also apply my D+ discount after the free days for the remaining cruise?

Two 24 hr periods - once you use them, you got nothing left to apply to the remaining days package.

6 minutes ago, island284 said:

D+, traveling solo . . . Do I receive one or two free days and then can I  also apply my D+ discount after the free days for the remaining cruise?

Each D+ guest gets EITHER 2 free days of internet OR $46 off a package purchased on board. 

14 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

What happens if you want to buy the internet package before the cruise through the Cruise Planner?  Do you still get your D+ discount applied?

No, the D+ discount can only be used for onboard purchases.

2 hours ago, island284 said:

That’s what I thought but reading the previous posts I wondered if there were other options. Thanks. 

You could use the D+ perk to buy one 24 hr package and then use the remaining $23 as a discount on the remaining days package.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You could use the D+ perk to buy one 24 hr package and then use the remaining $23 as a discount on the remaining days package.

I don't believe the free days and discount can be split.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't believe the free days and discount can be split.

The discount is just a $ amount, I don't remember seeing any restriction on which package it can be used on. When you buy the first 24hr  package as a D+, you have $23 left and all packages are available to purchase to spend that money on - do other than the 24 hr package error out when you try to buy it?

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The discount is just a $ amount, I don't remember seeing any restriction on which package it can be used on. When you buy the first 24hr  package as a D+, you have $23 left and all packages are available to purchase to spend that money on - do other than the 24 hr package error out when you try to buy it?

I haven't seen this tried this lately, but my understanding was that when you opted for a free day, you were then locked in to the other free day (at the time of your choosing) and the dollars off discount would no longer be available.  

22 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I haven't seen this tried this lately, but my understanding was that when you opted for a free day, you were then locked in to the other free day (at the time of your choosing) and the dollars off discount would no longer be available.  

I'm pretty sure when I did this on Anthem in September, after using the first $23 on a 24 hr package, the full set of VOOM packages were available to purchase with the remaining $23, though I never tried to buy anything but the second 24 hr package.

21 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I'm pretty sure when I did this on Anthem in September, after using the first $23 on a 24 hr package, the full set of VOOM packages were available to purchase with the remaining $23, though I never tried to buy anything but the second 24 hr package.

Could very well be.  Hopefully someone with direct experience will chime in.

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Pretty sure did that in past, not this yr maybe 1-1+ yrs ago. After used first free day used a later in cruise special-cheaper then usual cruise package for rest of cruise. So cant confirm still can do it

Edited by ONECRUISER

8 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

On Navigator last month I used 1x 24 day and then used the remaining allowance off the package for the remaining 3 days. 

D+. 

I should understand this better, so please bear with me and help me out.

There are 4 of us travelling -- all are Diamond (not D+).  Do each get one day of free VOOM?  On any given day, can multiple people connect -- just not at the same time?  Do I understand it correctly?

And, VOOM would be required for texting onboard, as well.  Yes?

Thanks...