New Coco Cay ready next May?

JinxyB

Hello, I am just off the Mariner and we stopped in Coco Cay on Dec 8.  I read a handout they had on the ship that the new and enhanced Coco Cay will be open in May 2019.  Do they mean the pier that is currently under construction, as well?  I’m no engineer, but it looks like they have a long way to go with that pier!

I met some people from the NCL Sky on my airport shuttle this morning who said they were unable to dock at their private island due to weather.  I found this interesting, as I could see their ship next to ours while taking the tender over and I believe their island is adjacent to Royal’s Coco Cay.  They said there were a lot of angry people on their ship. Just found this interesting, as both ships were in the same weather conditions.

4 minutes ago, JinxyB said:

Hello, I am just off the Mariner and we stopped in Coco Cay on Dec 8.  I read a handout they had on the ship that the new and enhanced Coco Cay will be open in May 2019.  Do they mean the pier that is currently under construction, as well?  I’m no engineer, but it looks like they have a long way to go with that pier!

The pier is supposed to be separate from the rest of the projects and open late next month, though as Bob mentions, assume some delays.

We were on NCL Escape and anchored off Great Stirrup Cay and MarinerotS was anchored at Coco Cay on November 21st.   I believe the Coco dock was supposed to have been done in October or November (already) so I was surprised to see that it was nowhere near completion!   I hope to get to Coco Cay next fall--that builds in several months for the delays.  It does look fabulous on the RC website!

We were there in Aug.

I have worked on a number of various construction projects.

I say NO WAY for May 2019 for the rest of the construction.  In Aug, there was no structures being worked on, only the dirt work.