Disembarkation at BA info

gnownala

5 hours ago, FredZiffle said:

Depends on the cruise line.  Most I've been on disembark the last passengers around 9:30 -10:00 AM.  Customs will be open as long as the ship is still engaged in debarkation.  And, yes, you can carry your own luggage off the ship.

You are referring to Buenos Aires?  The cruise port is behind the container port and I do not believe you are allowed to walk off the ship.  You have to go back and forth on a shuttle - there is a stop as you exit the terminal on the cruiseship side where you wait for the shuttles. The buses weave through all the containers and heavy machinery - no one walking allowed.

. We were one of the last off at around 9.30 am. They were anxious for everyone to leave as they had a new cruise loading that afternoon.

I believe the Zaandam is the only ship arriving that day with no other arrival or departure until the next day.   I originally wanted to leave my stuff on the ship and tour the city myself.  Go back to the ship around 5ish, then disembark and catch a transfer to EZE for a late flight at 11:30pm.  But if the port custom is not open during that time, or I can't get my luggage transferred from ship to terminal, then I need to disembark in the morning and book a tour with transfer.

1 hour ago, Lunenburg said:

You are referring to Buenos Aires?  The cruise port is behind the container port and I do not believe you are allowed to walk off the ship.  You have to go back and forth on a shuttle - there is a stop as you exit the terminal on the cruiseship side where you wait for the shuttles. The buses weave through all the containers and heavy machinery - no one walking allowed.

. We were one of the last off at around 9.30 am. They were anxious for everyone to leave as they had a new cruise loading that afternoon.

Yes, but you can still carry your luggage off even though you have to take the shuttle to the terminal.  At least, I assume we did since we always carry our own.

1 hour ago, gnownala said:

I believe the Zaandam is the only ship arriving that day with no other arrival or departure until the next day.   I originally wanted to leave my stuff on the ship and tour the city myself.  Go back to the ship around 5ish, then disembark and catch a transfer to EZE for a late flight at 11:30pm.  But if the port custom is not open during that time, or I can't get my luggage transferred from ship to terminal, then I need to disembark in the morning and book a tour with transfer.

Absolutely zero experience with HAL policies, but I would be very surprised if they hold your luggage for you.  

Now I understand what your question is.  Everything centers around whether or not Customs is open at 5 PM on the first day so that you can disembark with luggage a day early.  And, sadly.... I don't have an answer to that question.  The good news is that I've at least kept your question near the top of the forum where hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will see it.

Thanks Lunenburg and FredZiffle.

I couldn't get a straight answer out of HAL either.

I like to assume that immigration would be open the whole day as passengers would be getting on and off the ship throughout the day.