Konigsdam 11-day Southern Caribbean - My View

Crew News

3 hours ago, Crew News said:

I don't remember seeing sushi in the Lido Market either and usually five entrees at the Asian Station.  I think the Lido Market menus are provided by HAL but the ship can alter/add to  them.  It did seem like there were more offerings in the Lido Market than were on the menu with at least two soups each day.  Fish and chips were available every day it seems with the fish cooked perfectly for me.

I had sushi several times at Lunch in the Lido Market.  It is in the Asian station on the side.  You will not see it looking straight on at the stir fry area.  Go to the left side and it's on the front corner next to the prepared noodle and rice dishes.  

The scallop sushi roll in Nami Sushi was fantastic.

Lisa

Roger's research is a great asset!  Thank you for the menus Roger, especially the Lido Market lunch menus, which I could not find anywhere... I asked and was told the menu isn't posted in the Lido, you have to go to each station and read the little "tent" signs on the counters, ugh!  I probably missed out on some things because trying to get close enough to read the little signs means you have to practically break into the line.   The Navigator app doesn't have the Lido menus for either lunch or dinner.    This is not to say that I went hungry!  I found many very good options and we made good use of other venues:  NY style sandwiches, pizza, Dutch Cafe, Dive-In plus Lido's excellent salads and made to order sandwiches.   

And just for more incompleteness, neither MDR nor PG lunch menus were on the Navigator app.  It's like lunch menus don't exist in the Navigator app... 

m--

16 hours ago, Crew News said:

For those sailing on the 11-day Caribbean cruises on the Konigsdam and others interested in menus, I have uploaded When & Where, MDR and Lido Market menus, beverage menus, Konigsdam Table maps, and latest Specialty Restaurant menus:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/

Roger, only the Lido menus are showing for "Day 2 At Sea 1st Gala Night"

2 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Roger's research is a great asset!  Thank you for the menus Roger, especially the Lido Market lunch menus, which I could not find anywhere... I asked and was told the menu isn't posted in the Lido, you have to go to each station and read the little "tent" signs on the counters, ugh!  I probably missed out on some things because trying to get close enough to read the little signs means you have to practically break into the line.   The Navigator app doesn't have the Lido menus for either lunch or dinner.    This is not to say that I went hungry!  I found many very good options and we made good use of other venues:  NY style sandwiches, pizza, Dutch Cafe, Dive-In plus Lido's excellent salads and made to order sandwiches.   

And just for more incompleteness, neither MDR nor PG lunch menus were on the Navigator app.  It's like lunch menus don't exist in the Navigator app... 

m--

On every cruise, I go begging for the menus and the Lido Managers, and a few Dining Room Managers, have been great in the past printing them for me, on old paper of course.  My MDR waiters don't mind saving them for me even for the nights I am not there for dinner.

Now if I could just figure out how to keep my scans straight.

4 hours ago, RedHeadTexan said:

I had sushi several times at Lunch in the Lido Market.  It is in the Asian station on the side.  You will not see it looking straight on at the stir fry area.  Go to the left side and it's on the front corner next to the prepared noodle and rice dishes.  

The scallop sushi roll in Nami Sushi was fantastic.

Lisa

Thanks for the update.  It seems that sushi is no longer a big production in the Lido Market.

How was your PG dinner on the last night?

13 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Thanks so much. Any chance you got the MDR lunch menus for the sea days? 

The MDR was open only the last Sea Day.  On the last Sea Day, three of us had lunch that included a burger, halibut, and linguine with one having the apple pie dessert.  The first two Sea Days, the MDR was closed for the two Mariner Luncheons.  Here is the Mariner Society Luncheon menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Mariners-Society-Luncheon-Caribbean.pdf

2 hours ago, Crew News said:

The MDR was open only the last Sea Day.  On the last Sea Day, three of us had lunch that included a burger, halibut, and linguine with one having the apple pie dessert.  The first two Sea Days, the MDR was closed for the two Mariner Luncheons.  Here is the Mariner Society Luncheon menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Mariners-Society-Luncheon-Caribbean.pdf

Thanks for the explanation. Your link to the Pinnacle Grill lunch menu isn't working; has it been changed as well?

40 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Thanks for the explanation. Your link to the Pinnacle Grill lunch menu isn't working; has it been changed as well?

Thanks for the notification.  The link is now fixed and the date changed based on being assured that the lunch menu has not changed in the last three years.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Pinnacle-Grill-Lunch.pdf

35 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Your Pinnacle Grill lunch menu is definitely different than the one listed below from 2016. I don't have your previous one bookmarked unfortunately, but I think it was the same as this one right? 

Screen Shot 2018-12-25 at 1.09.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-25 at 1.09.37 AM.png

oops....in my haste to fix the link I used the 2015 version.  It is now corrected.  Here is the new link:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Pinnacle-Grill16-lunch.pdf

9 hours ago, Crew News said:

Thanks for the update.  It seems that sushi is no longer a big production in the Lido Market.

How was your PG dinner on the last night?

It was fantastic!  Since we gathered more OBC from the cancellation of HMC, I decided to get the Maine Lobster Tail.  I haven't had Maine Lobster in years and it was perfectly cooked.  I always enjoy spending our first night and last night at the Pinnacle.  You looked like you were having a marvelous time at your table.

On the sushi front...the sushi on Lido appeared to be hidden from view.  I mean you really had to look hard to find it.  The only reason I saw it was that I was picking up a raman bowl from the side that had the Asian entrees ready to go.  It's hard to describe, but the sushi plates were elevated in the space and almost reached the bottom of the top shelf (where they hand the plates to you).  I don't know if that makes sense and unfortunately I did not take a picture.  There was not much variety, but what they had was good.

Lisa

On 12/23/2018 at 7:05 AM, Imzdo1 said:

They could have made an announcement.  As opposed to keeping us all in the dark. It’s called customer service.   9am in room breakfast arrived at 10am.....cold.  That was after I called. I’m in a Neptune suite for christ sake. Response:   We’ll try to do better.   

Hello.  DYKWIA... 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

On 12/25/2018 at 12:37 PM, slidergirl said:

Hello.  DYKWIA... 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Yup. Wait till I happens to you. I always say  Please and Thank You, treat people well and tip appropriately.  Just asking and expecting what I paid a lot of money for.  😏😏😏😏

12 minutes ago, RedHeadTexan said:

Thanks again for the calendar, Roger.  It is now up on my cubicle wall.  😊

Lisa

BD4E33D2-D867-40EE-A687-5E0D59BAD0EA.jpeg

You were in the right place at the right time to receive it.  FWIW this is the first pic I have ever seen of one of my calendars in place.

@Crew News thank for the time, energy, and thoroughness that went into your review!

I am on the Königsdam at the end of January, and the information you have shared will help us enjoy our vacation, especially around dining (I have a sensitive stomach and don't like to make a ton of special requests - seeing the menus ahead of time really helps make the right venue choices!).

Wish we could go on your upcoming Alaska cruise and meet you in person, but I think that will be a 2020 trip for us!

On 12/24/2018 at 4:50 PM, RedHeadTexan said:

Thanks for this. I put it in my cruise notes so I don't forget.

Crew News - your Lido menus have been very helpful!  I'm going to be on a 10 day, but they're giving me an idea of which stations may have the things I like most.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, TrakHack said:

@Crew News thank for the time, energy, and thoroughness that went into your review!

I am on the Königsdam at the end of January, and the information you have shared will help us enjoy our vacation, especially around dining (I have a sensitive stomach and don't like to make a ton of special requests - seeing the menus ahead of time really helps make the right venue choices!).

Wish we could go on your upcoming Alaska cruise and meet you in person, but I think that will be a 2020 trip for us!

I will be on the Maasdam the first two weeks of May 2020 and can reserve you a spot on the roll call.

51 minutes ago, RW_MI said:

Thanks for this. I put it in my cruise notes so I don't forget.

Crew News - your Lido menus have been very helpful!  I'm going to be on a 10 day, but they're giving me an idea of which stations may have the things I like most.  Thank you.

According to my Culinary contacts, the 10-day and 11-day menu series vary by extracting one days menu late in the cruise.  Copy my menus and then ask when you are on board which day will be removed.  If you can get an answer early in your cruise, you will have be able to amaze your fellow passengers as you predict what will be served the rest of the days.

I would be very interested to know that day so that I can adjust my website to show both the 11- and 10-day menus.

8 minutes ago, Crew News said:

I will be on the Maasdam the first two weeks of May 2020 and can reserve you a spot on the roll call.

We are looking at the May 18 2020 sailing of the Maasdam (my husband is in nursing school and this is as early as we can go), so we will just miss you, unfortunately!