Booking excursions with others

KyOh

We will soon be able to book our excursions.  This is the first time we will be traveling with another couple.  We'd obviously like to schedule some tours for the same time slot.  Even more, we'd like to schedule a dinner at Manfredi's together.  How do we handle this on the day of booking?  I'm not so concerned about the included excursions because I know we can possibly switch times once on board.  But the dining is puzzling to me.  If you've done this previously, could you offer some help?

1 minute ago, KyOh said:

We will soon be able to book our excursions.  This is the first time we will be traveling with another couple.  We'd obviously like to schedule some tours for the same time slot.  Even more, we'd like to schedule a dinner at Manfredi's together.  How do we handle this on the day of booking?  I'm not so concerned about the included excursions because I know we can possibly switch times once on board.  But the dining is puzzling to me.  If you've done this previously, could you offer some help?

On the Inaugural WC, we did not book a single meal in advance.  I don't know what I want to eat tomorrow, much less months from now.  Once onboard we booked every single meal we wanted as we went.  The port side entry to the World Cafe has a desk manned at lunch for booking all dining reservations or you can do it on your interactive tv in your cabin or call on the phone.  Please don't stress over dining rez.  😎

I always travel with someone and we book everything at the same time on the phone with each other as we are booking on the computer.  This has always worked and we see if we can both get the fee excursions slots first and pay for those and then go back and book the included.  As for dining, we did want to eat with someone on our sea day.  They were in DV and we were in V and could not make reservations until we boarded.  Upon arrival we went straight to make sure we able to eat with them and there was no problem.  I hear that if you have the cabin number you can join the separate parties but I have not done that. I would say try that and if that doesn't work, then you both book for the same time and see if they can't be joined once on board.  The tables for two are close proximity to each other and they may be able to book you side by side if not at a table for 4.