Miami hotel

cruiseluv

Hello,

I need to start thinking about what hotel to stay at the night before embarkation for our Explorer March Transatlantic. In the past we've stayed at a Westin in Coral Gables, but would like something different this time. Any recommendations? We have Marriott points, so a Marriott/ Starwood property would be my preference. What hotel does Regent uses?

I believe they were using the Four Seasons on Brickell Ave.  We took an air deviation and booked out own hotel - we're staying at the Kimpton EPIC right next to the cruise port.  Never stayed there before but we liked the location.  There's a JW Marriott right across the street there.

Edited by UUNetBill

We booked our own hotel.  We ended up at the Marriott Courtyard.  It was right next to the Whole Foods, so DH will be happy.  Trip Advisor didn't have anything too nasty to say about it.  It will be fine for one night.  Planning an excursion to Little Havana for Cuban food.  

Given you wanted to use Marriott points you have made a good decision with the Marriott Marquis.  Fairly new hotel (about four years) and nice location and near the port.

For those who mentioned the Epic just wanted to give you a heads up.  We mainly stay at the Four Seasons but did stay at Epic on our last visit.  Nice hotel.  We enjoyed it.  The caution has to do with room location.  Do not book a room that would put you on a lower floor facing the draw bridge.  We did not have that type of room but there are several of them and the downside is you will likely hear cars/trucks going over that bridge with lots of noise from the bridge.  

For those who like to walk about a 20 minute walk from Epic/Marriott Marquis is the fairly new Brickell Centre.  It has lots of shopping and restaurants.  Built just a couple of years ago.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are also on the Voyager transatlantic from Miami to Barcelona next March. We booked cruise and flights from/to London with Regent. The hotel in Miami, booked by Regent, is the Pullman. I would appreciate any comments on the hotel.

18 hours ago, eliana said:

We are also on the Voyager transatlantic from Miami to Barcelona next March. We booked cruise and flights from/to London with Regent. The hotel in Miami, booked by Regent, is the Pullman. I would appreciate any comments on the hotel.

We stayed at the Pullman on our enforced overnight stay before our cruise on Voyager earlier this month. It is just outside the airport with not an awful lot to do in the vicinity. I believe it used to be a Sofitel hotel. A typical airport hotel really. The room was adequate and very clean. There was an issue with the hot water being lukewarm but once we reported it the maintenance crew fixed the issue very quickly. Since we were tired after the flight we ate at the hotel. Reasonable food if a little pricey. One nice surprise was that the Regent booking included breakfast. We were staying in a standard Suite on Voyager so unlike with a concierge suite where breakfast is explicitly included with the pre cruise hotel we were not sure whether it would be. Arrangements at the airport and the following morning for transport were pretty flawless.