What's your favorite NCL buffet item/option?

havanadaydreaming

Who's got a favorite?

I ask because we recently completed a cruise and my wife got the same thing EVERY time we went to the buffet...she hit up the individual fresh pasta skillet area and combined alfredo and meat sauce with rigatoni.  Every single trip.  

I started thinking about my favorite...and I think I got white rice more often than anything else, then found and Indian, Asian, American sauced entrée to plop on top.  good times!

(I must admit smoked salmon is my alltime favorite cruise buffet item but I've been seeing that considerably less often lately)

For breakfast, it is hands down the CRISPY Bacon! I love soooo much that they have a specific tray labeled "Crispy Bacon". Why would anyone choose the non-crispy bacon? I love to put sausage gravy on my crispy bacon.

Otherwise, my go-to foods are the hot dogs with chili and whatever the Indian options are from the "Tastes of Asia" buffet.

I absolutely love the Pretzel Rolls (think a sandwich roll that looks like a big pretzel and tastes like one too!) and usually have a couple each day. It really helps with the hangover! 

My husband loves the nachos. That nasty fake cheese is something he never ever gets anywhere else. He lives off the nachos when he is on the ship. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sweetnspicy said:

I absolutely love the Pretzel Rolls (think a sandwich roll that looks like a big pretzel and tastes like one too!) and usually have a couple each day. It really helps with the hangover! 

My husband loves the nachos. That nasty fake cheese is something he never ever gets anywhere else. He lives off the nachos when he is on the ship. 

I just wish the Prezel Rolls were warm or we had a way to warm them up... come to think of it - I never tried toasting them. hmmmm

+1 for the nachos! I have to get at least a small amount of those nachos each time I go to the buffet.

And of course the omelet breakfasts! jalapeno, onions, mushrooms with salsa on top! yum yum yum!

Pretzel rolls and sticks were my favorite. I even had a ziploc bag to take one back to the cabin to have in the evening. I also loved the crispy bacon. I'm with @JamieLogical, I can't imagine choosing non-crispy bacon. I also enjoyed the made to order pasta and had it many times during the week.

22 minutes ago, VirginiaIsForCruisers said:

Pretzel rolls and sticks were my favorite. I even had a ziploc bag to take one back to the cabin to have in the evening. I also loved the crispy bacon. I'm with @JamieLogical, I can't imagine choosing non-crispy bacon. I also enjoyed the made to order pasta and had it many times during the week.

Soft bacon fat rules too...

I liked the carved whole Hunan roast duck on Asian night; the chilled shrimp and mussels on the half shell with cocktail sauce on seafood night; the whole carved roast hog on a spit one luncheon; the crepes station; and a plate of the soft cheeses with assorted breads each evening. 

Edited by FLAHAM

/taking notes

Now see, this is the thread I need.  There was one a few days ago asking about favorite foods, but almost all answers were in the premium restaurants.  I'm sure there are a ton of good things there, but I'm more interested in what people enjoy that's free.

Keep the suggestions coming.  

• Like 5

7 hours ago, lovetrauma said:

Pretzel Rolls and Chocolate Crossisants 

I second the Chocolate Croissants! I ate them for breakfast every morning on my last cruise.

I have to admit that  every time I walk through the buffet I  grab a dessert! My favorites are anything with a custard or pudding consistency. I also like to make a plate with an obscene amount of cheese to snack on while lounging by the pool!