What's your favorite NCL buffet item/option?

havanadaydreaming

For me it was the Indian section, hands down.  So good!!  We aren't buffet folks and have avoided them on other cruise lines (with good reason).  We sailed the Gem in October and were very surprised at how much we enjoyed the buffet.  That being said....

I know this won't be a popular opinion on here, but I don't get the love for the crepes.  For me they tasted like canned pie filling - not my thing.  But each their own 😀.

I’ve never had dinner in a buffet on any ships I’ve been on... so my faves are breakfast or lunch items

but... my absolute favourite on NCL - is the oatmeal, topped with blueberries and whipped cream. It’s fantastic and no other ship I’ve been on has the same options.  I also loved the salamis and cheeses options in the afternoon.  My boys would go down and get me a lovely plate of cheese, meats and crackers and bring it up to my lounge chair in the afternoon.  Again - no other cruise lines offer this same quality 

10 hours ago, PATRLR said:

All you folks loving the crepes, get ready to get disappointed.   The Bliss removed crepes from the buffet and moved them down to the sweet shoppe where we get to part with more nickles and dimes if we want to have our crepes. 

Watching them sell like crazy leads me to believe it's only a matter of time before crepes are moved to a chargeable item on any ship where that's possible.

well, we wouldn't pay for them... Plus, I don't think we'll be going on Norwegian ever again after our cruise next week, unless there are absolutely no other cruises going at the time we need them and also dirt cheap.

I know this won't be a popular opinion on here, but I don't get the love for the crepes.  For me they tasted like canned pie filling - not my thing.  But each their own 

😀.

that's because you should get them plain and add just a tiny bit of your favorite topping.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Breakfast - the sticky buns/cinnamon rolls...  LOVE those things.

Lunch - the hot dogs ironically enough...  I normally don't eat hot dogs but on a cruise, I'll eat one every day for lunch.

Dinner - No real stand out favorite.  We normally end up at the buffet only 1 or maybe 2 times for dinner because we prefer the main dining rooms and speciality restaurants for dinner.

Late night - ICE CREAM!

On 12/11/2018 at 1:11 PM, Sweetnspicy said:

I absolutely love the Pretzel Rolls (think a sandwich roll that looks like a big pretzel and tastes like one too!) and usually have a couple each day. It really helps with the hangover! 

My husband loves the nachos. That nasty fake cheese is something he never ever gets anywhere else. He lives off the nachos when he is on the ship. 

I usually do not eat at the buffet but traveling with my granddaughter who loved it opened my eyes to some nice choices. I agree the pretzel rolls are my favorite hands down.

Definitely the pretzel rolls and made to order omelette/eggs and pasta stations.  We strayed and tried RCL this summer.  We were so disappointed in the buffet food ... well, most of the food in general.  When we boarded, DH asked me where the pretzel rolls were.  Told him wrong cruise ship lol!  Back to NCL for us!

On 12/11/2018 at 2:32 PM, JamieLogical said:

For breakfast, it is hands down the CRISPY Bacon! I love soooo much that they have a specific tray labeled "Crispy Bacon". Why would anyone choose the non-crispy bacon? I love to put sausage gravy on my crispy bacon.

Otherwise, my go-to foods are the hot dogs with chili and whatever the Indian options are from the "Tastes of Asia" buffet.

CRISPY BACON FOR THE WIN. OMG, I CANT WAIT FOR MY CRUISE.

Looks Like pretzel rolls are a huge favorite! I have been on 6 NCL Cruises but never saw the Pretzel rolls!

Will look for them in march on Breakaway! My favorite foods is the Pizza, Burgers Hot dogs, and the Breakfast potatoes, oh and yes.. a Screwdriver Tito's vodka from the bar!

When I was on the Pearl a few years ago , they had this Bananas Foster-type sauce on the breakfast buffet. It was so good... bananas and brown sugar and who knows what else. But when my parents cruised on the Pearl this fall, my mom said she didn't find it there. Do they not serve this anymore?