Breakfast in a dining room

caribill

On the current Emerald Princess voyage from L.A. to Hawaii (and back), I have been told that so far they do not serve breakfast in a dining room. Has anyone seen this happening on any other Princess ship?

Also, lunch in a dining room on sea days is in the deack 6 aft dining room.

4 minutes ago, caribill said:

On the current Emerald Princess voyage from L.A. to Hawaii (and back), I have been told that so far they do not serve breakfast in a dining room. Has anyone seen this happening on any other Princess ship?

On our recent Crown cruise both breakfast and lunch were served in the Botticelli dining room (deck 6 aft).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shmoo here said:

On our recent Crown cruise both breakfast and lunch were served in the Botticelli dining room (deck 6 aft).

On another thread there is a post from someone who had purposely booked a mid-ship cabin so they would be close to the mid-ship dining room for meals and was not happy about  the switch to the aft dining room for breakfast and lunch.

I have never seen what the OP is saying.  So far as I can remember the breakfast and seaday lunches have been in the midship deck 6 MDR.  They do like to have breakfast on the day of disembarkation in the deck 6 aft MDR.  I do like eating most breakfast in the MDR so I would not be terribly happy with no MDR for breakfast. 

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Also, lunch in a dining room on sea days is in the deck 6 aft dining room.

So no DR breakfasts at all? This is new and certainly will not be popular. Any comments from the staff as to why? We are on the Emerald in February.

12 hours ago, caribill said:

We were onboard Emerald for 33 nights recently, disembarked on November 25. 

There was definitely breakfast served in the aft dining room every single day. 

What does the Patter say for daily breakfast options?

Have you asked Guest Services why the dining room breakfast isn't being offered? That would be a major, major shift in just 2 weeks..

12 hours ago, caribill said:

You've been told by whom? 

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

...What does the Patter say for daily breakfast options?

Have you asked Guest Services why the dining room breakfast isn't being offered? That would be a major, major shift in just 2 weeks..

Well stated reedprincess.  Always check the patter, and if that doesn't have the info you are looking for, check with the purser's desk.  Especially in the beginning.  That way you can get an issue corrected.  Hope you enjoy your trip!

Counting down the days.

///

6 hours ago, 1965 said:

Yes.. there's been 25 or more posts , and you're the only one who asked , and that's the real question isn't it.... been told by whom ??

Oh sure, no breakfast in the MDR  LOL LOL ? ---  ahhh the internet 

Srpilo

It surprised me when the moved breakfast (every day) and lunch (sea days) from one of the mid-ship dining rooms to the aft dining room on our recent cruise on the Royal. It's not as convenient, especially for people who can't manage the stairs.

14 minutes ago, geoherb said:

It surprised me when the moved breakfast (every day) and lunch (sea days) from one of the mid-ship dining rooms to the aft dining room on our recent cruise on the Royal. It's not as convenient, especially for people who can't manage the stairs.

Isn't there an elevator that also goes to that deck?

• Thanks 1

Hi 

52 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

There is an elevator. Why is that unkind?

Mid ship to aft is a long walk if you have mobility issues. I had a knee replacement 2 months ago. My range is a half mile before I feel a lot of pain. I am in an aft cabin and on a wait list for mid ship. 

Edited by Momma Rene

Just a guess, but I also saw a post "elsewhere" from someone who had numerous unlikely complaints, including that the dining room wasn't open for breakfast and lunch.  They appeared to post, then sit back to watch the show :classic_ohmy:.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, 1965 said:

A person on the current cruise. I was sent a photo of the meal part of the Patter for a day and noticed that no dining room option was listed for breakfast. I asked was this an omission from the Patter that day and the response was that there is no breakfast in any dining room so far. I can only assume the person telling me that is accurate.

15 hours ago, reedprincess said:

We were onboard Emerald for 33 nights recently, disembarked on November 25. 

There was definitely breakfast served in the aft dining room every single day. 

What does the Patter say for daily breakfast options?

It was because I was told that there is no dining room breakfast on the current cruise that I asked if anyone else has seen this on any Princess ship. So far the replies indicate that so far it is only the Emerald and this may have just started. When I am on the Emerald soon I will definitely ask why if it is still not being offered.

As to what options are listed for breakfast:

Horizon Court Buffet

Cafe Caribe

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:16 PM, Momma Rene said:

Hi 

Mid ship to aft is a long walk if you have mobility issues. I had a knee replacement 2 months ago. My range is a half mile before I feel a lot of pain. I am in an aft cabin and on a wait list for mid ship. 

Ok ... but again, why is that unkind ?

Traveling with any kind of issues is a personal choice , and requires knowledge of personal limitations before the journey begins.

Srpilo 

• Like 2