Super Bowl Weekend

bilyclub

I fortunately/unfortunately booked on the Adventure for a cruise which encompasses the day of the Super Bowl. Didn't realize that fact for a few days, but a cruise is always better than the house in winter, especially.  Now I'm in the CruiseCritic run up,  digesting the threads getting my sea legs back. Trouble is the Roll Call is very small with only 17 signed up for the M & M, and a handful of posts. Do a lot of veteran cruisers stay on land for the Super Bowl, or is February still considered the slow season?   I certainly didn't pay slow season prices.

I'm on the Brilliance sailing covering the Super Bowl.  We have a group of 60-70 going but aren't using our roll call on here as we have a FB group we're all a part of, so I wouldn't put too much stock into that.  They will definitely be showing the game and your sailing will be full it's just a matter of how many utilize Cruise Critic.

I booked Symphony quite some time ago for Super Bowl weekend, due to it being a couple of hundred cheaper per person (we booked a balcony).  

Really hoping we can do an early dinner using our UDP and then find seats somewhere to watch.  It would be nice if Playmakers gave us the $35 ala cart credit, but it sounds like they don’t do that 😞

6 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I booked Symphony quite some time ago for Super Bowl weekend, due to it being a couple of hundred cheaper per person (we booked a balcony).  

Really hoping we can do an early dinner using our UDP and then find seats somewhere to watch.  It would be nice if Playmakers gave us the $35 ala cart credit, but it sounds like they don’t do that 😞

I would imagine than Playmakers would fill up very early for the Super Bowl.  Would not surprise me if they charge extra for the game in that venue.

10 hours ago, bilyclub said:

Do a lot of veteran cruisers stay on land for the Super Bowl, or is February still considered the slow season?   I certainly didn't pay slow season prices.

Are you asking will the cruise be not full because of the Super Bowl?  That's too funny - the world doesn't stop for the game nor do cruisers.  And February in the Caribbean certainly isn't "slow season".  The ship is likely booked full, some cruises just don't seem to get active roll calls for some reason.  And the changes to the forum software here have screwed up some of the roll calls.  We're on a cruise in 4 days that now has only 3 members on the roll call.  A couple months ago there were dozens on it.......

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Given the seeming decline in attendance, you might want to prepare to not have one.

I'll be watching the boards closely to see if I can find some recruits. My goal is to squeeze every last key chain from Royal that i can. 

1 minute ago, bilyclub said:

I'll be watching the boards closely to see if I can find some recruits. My goal is to squeeze every last key chain from Royal that i can. 

Right, get enough folks to meet the 25 person min required to have an M&M and then be the only one to show up and claim all the prizes.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Right, get enough folks to meet the 25 person min required to have an M&M and then be the only one to show up and claim all the prizes.

I like your thinking...  We're only doing one carry on a piece so there would be no room for all that treasure.