First time having to make a claim on Princess insurance

Reader0108598

Hello

I just wanted to say I had to cancel a cruise due to health issues . Princess refunded half my money.

After supplying a Doctors verification ,The insurance company informed me yesterday they will be mailing a check out to me for the rest. Very happy I took out this insurance! Had flights on points from CC got that back also!

🙂

Edited by Reader0108598

We submitted a claim to AON in late February, the issuer of Princess insurance, in February and never heard anything from them after I sent them a medical form.  Don't know what we did wrong.  We cancelled because as we were leaving the house for the airport on a Sunday, the day before the cruise departed, my 82-yr-old husband "froze" (didn't fall, but was unresponsive for a short time) on the threshhold.  He had never done anything like this before and as the cruise was to the Panama Canal and the Caribbean, I thought it prudent to cancel our plans.  As it turned out he developed a hernia two days later requiring surgery.  So glad we weren't on the ship.

6 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

Hello

I just wanted to say I had to cancel a cruise due to health issues . Princess refunded half my money.

After supplying a Doctors verification ,The insurance company informed me yesterday they will be mailing a check out to me for the rest. Very happy I took out this insurance! Had flights on points from CC got that back also!

🙂

I had to cancel this morning for a new health issue (inner ear infection)  and I'm happy to see these positive comments. Just starting the process of the insurance claim and darn happy I have it............

• Like 1

Earlier this year we had to cancel for health reasons 10 days before a cruise (7 days before an EZair booked flight) and the next day our refundable portion was credited to our chargecard.  A month later two checks were mailed to us...each one for half of the non-refundable amount.

We were very happy with the refund process for our cruise fare & fees, airfare & pre-paid transportation.

• Like 1

Just beware, when you insure through princess they only cover the cruise and their flights. If you have multiple add ons as we do some times, make sure to get insurance to cover it all. Last year we cancelled a river cruise, land tour prior to cruise, private land tours in ports, upgraded flights, along with a princess cruise. Took us 3 months to straighten it all out, but was made completely whole in the end.

14 hours ago, TheRabbit said:

Just beware, when you insure through princess they only cover the cruise and their flights. If you have multiple add ons as we do some times, make sure to get insurance to cover it all. Last year we cancelled a river cruise, land tour prior to cruise, private land tours in ports, upgraded flights, along with a princess cruise. Took us 3 months to straighten it all out, but was made completely whole in the end.

Understood, We used to insure with insure mytrip.com. It has become too expensive with our age. The cruise was our biggest expense. Hotel we canceled ,flights points returned to account.In this case we made the right choice 🙂

18 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

We submitted a claim to AON in late February, the issuer of Princess insurance, in February and never heard anything from them after I sent them a medical form.  Don't know what we did wrong.  We cancelled because as we were leaving the house for the airport on a Sunday, the day before the cruise departed, my 82-yr-old husband "froze" (didn't fall, but was unresponsive for a short time) on the threshhold.  He had never done anything like this before and as the cruise was to the Panama Canal and the Caribbean, I thought it prudent to cancel our plans.  As it turned out he developed a hernia two days later requiring surgery.  So glad we weren't on the ship.

I am gld you canceled you should have followed up with the insurance company ,I would think it may be too late now! I hope your husband is well.

16 hours ago, Clampram said:

I had to cancel this morning for a new health issue (inner ear infection)  and I'm happy to see these positive comments. Just starting the process of the insurance claim and darn happy I have it.........…

Hope your ear is getting better. Sad to cancel but better than being on a ship miserable! I cracked three ribs..(ouch) don't ever what to do that again! 😞

Edited by Reader0108598

1 hour ago, Reader0108598 said:

Hope your ear is getting better. Sad to cancel but better than being on a ship miserable! I cracked three ribs..(ouch) don't ever what to do that again! 😞

Yep, it is sad but no way would I want to be even trying to walk around on a ship...............

• Like 1