First time cruising from San Pedro port

go titans

We will be on the Legend Oct 2019. First time flying into LAX and cruising from San Pedro and I have questions.

1. Can anyone tell me about the San Pedro Double Tree vs Crowne Plaza or other overnight recommendations?

2. Double Tree - is it worth booking to include the breakfast charges?

3. Recommendations for someplace close by from the hotels to walk to for meals since we won't have a rental car?

4. Best suggestions for shuttle choices from LAX to San Pedro hotels?

5. Best way to shuttle/taxi to the port from hotels?

58 minutes ago, go titans said:

We will be on the Legend Oct 2019. First time flying into LAX and cruising from San Pedro and I have questions.

1. Can anyone tell me about the San Pedro Double Tree vs Crowne Plaza or other overnight recommendations?

2. Double Tree - is it worth booking to include the breakfast charges?

3. Recommendations for someplace close by from the hotels to walk to for meals since we won't have a rental car?

4. Best suggestions for shuttle choices from LAX to San Pedro hotels?

5. Best way to shuttle/taxi to the port from hotels?

First
BIG question is if you have the correct port...

Is this that one oddball Carnival cruise (October 12, 2019) that sails out of San Pedro?  All other Carnival cruises sail out of Long Beach on the other side of the harbor.

1.  Both are good hotels.  The CP is in Downtown, very close--even walking distance for most with rolling luggage--to the Cruise terminal (about three blocks away).  It is close to a lot of restaurant choices with about a two block radius.  The Doubletree is a little bit farther away--downchannel from the port at the yacht marina...a more scenic setting and not close to most restaurants (other than the 22nd St. Landing) but the hotel will shuttle you to restaurants.  Both hotels will shuttle you to the pier.  I would definitely stay at either of the two though many also choose the Best Western on Gaffey--which is more of a motel and in a fairly unattractive location with high traffic going by and only fast food restaurants nearby.

2.  To me, it depends what they are charging for that breakfast.  If it's minimal, sure...If not...?

3.  From the Doubletree, the aforementioned 22nd St. Landing for sea food.  From the Crown Plaza, I really like the San Pedro Brewing Co.--just a block over from the hotel.  Also, the Green Onion is good for Mexican food.  There are several others within a couple of blocks...Neil's Pasta and Seafood, Rafaello's, Niko's Pizza, Whale & Ale, J. Trani's and more.

4./5.  Super Shuttle and PrimeTime Shuttle are the two major companies serving the route...but I would strongly consider Uber...A shuttle will run around $34 for two, Uber will likely cost between $33-43 but you will have a shorter wait for a ride and won't circle the airport or make other stops...I don't trust the taxis--they tend to be a little expensive around here.

Good luck...