Azamara xmas

tony dancer

Currently on the Journey and I have to say that what I know as country club casual is the exception.  Many in what I would call work out or daytime touring clothes- workout capris, shorts, t-shirts  convertible travel pants, walking shoes.  

DH brought dress slacks, some golf shirts & some long sleeve button down collar shirts; I brought 2 dresses, some nice pants, tops and dressy sandals - we are way overdressed compared to 75% of the passengers. 

It must depend on the cruise and maybe where you eat. We always eat dinner in Discoveries (MDR) and have usually found the balance the other way round - 75% country club casual (nice trousers & shirt for men, nice trousers & dressy top for ladies) and 25% more casual. We usually have a few meals in the speciality restaurants and have found that everyone dresses more smartly there, with some men wearing jackets.

I would say though that over the years we’ve noticed changes. Initially it was 95% country club casual with very few exceptions but its gradually decreased. 

1 hour ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

It must depend on the cruise and maybe where you eat. We always eat dinner in Discoveries (MDR) and have usually found the balance the other way round - 75% country club casual (nice trousers & shirt for men, nice trousers & dressy top for ladies) and 25% more casual. We usually have a few meals in the speciality restaurants and have found that everyone dresses more smartly there, with some men wearing jackets.

I would say though that over the years we’ve noticed changes. Initially it was 95% country club casual with very few exceptions but its gradually decreased. 

I agree with the above although I think the changes have accelerated in recent times.

Unfortunately the same can be said in restaurants everywhere, maybe it is me but I prefer the good old days.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 4:07 PM, tony dancer said:

can anyone help we are Azamara Elite Plus cruisers but are sailing on Journey 21/12/19 xmas / new year.

is it worth packing my tuxedo or will it be the normal country club casual dress code 

Every cruise is different, festive cruises in particular. My husband always takes a suit with him and always wears it at some point on the cruise, no matter location or temperature, because he oftens wears a suit out here in the UK.  On our 14 night Xmas/New Year cruise 2016 on Azamara Journey from Singapore he wore his suit maybe 4/5 times. White night was not on NYE. On our NYE many men wore suits  and tux, some white jackets. Women were generally very stylish in lovely dresses. If you would dress up at home for an Xmas eve/day meal or a NYE meal and party then there is no reason not to do so on your cruise. Wear what you feel comfortable in, within the guidelines of the dining room dress codes and have a wonderful cruise.

• Thanks 1