Our Stories From Celebrity Cruises!!!!!! - CHICAGOPAUL

chicagopaul

Cheers Everyone! I hope everyone has been doing well and enjoying the holidays. For those of you in colder climates like us, I hope you've been keeping warm. A while ago I promised a collection of short stories from our Celebrity cruises. I've had them written for some time but have put off posting them since the final little editing of them I never got around to. They're still not edited to the way they should be, but I figured I should get these posted as I'm looking forward to putting together a second collection.

The stories revolve around people we've met on the ship, good and bad. They give a quick perspective on some crew members, passengers, and general experiences we've had. They catalogue my thoughts and the way I interpreted each situation. Some you may not agree with, some you may. Either way I hope you find them entertaining and I hope you find most of the stories positive and uplifting as that is the point of me sharing these.

I've linked them to my personal travel blog / site which revolves around Celebrity. You can click the link below and either download or just open the PDF file right on your phone, tablet, or computer. If any of you have problems opening please let me know. If the admins have an issue with me posting this link just let me know. I'm not selling anything on my website so I assume it is OK to go ahead and post.

I've done my best to make the font easy to read on mobile devices of all kinds so hopefully it will be large enough. It will most definitely be large enough if you are opening on your laptop or desktop but should be good for most on mobile devices. If there are any issues please let me know!

Here is the link and in case that link does not work you can copy and past the link at the bottom.

Stories from Celebrity Volume 1

https://cruisingoncelebrity.com/stories-from-celebrity

• Like 6

Cheers Paul! I was very curious about the story with the german couple and after reading it, i somehow recognized myself. I am not a shy person but maybe a bit restrained at the beginning when meeting someone new. But that is why i love cruising on international cruise lines because many of you (americans, brits, canadians…) make it very easy for me to socialize. 

I will never forget the wonderful people we met from all over the world and some even became friends…  

Thanks for sharing these stories 

Edited by fridge
typo
  • Like 2

I just read the wine dinner story.  I cannot wait to read them all.  You certainly have a gift for writing.  And, I'm betting that a lot of us will be able to "see ourselves" in your stories.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, h20cruzer said:

I’m sitting in the Star Alliance lounge in Buenos Aires killing time till my flight. No United lounge here :(:(:(

At least I will have some good reading material since I am in total withdrawal after 29 days on the Eclipse.

Norma

How funny, we are in the American Airlines Admiral Club in Buenos Aries and reading CruiseCritic.  We were on the Eclipse TA and stayed in BA for three days.  Enjoying reading all the reviews!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, h20cruzer said:

I’m sitting in the Star Alliance lounge in Buenos Aires killing time till my flight. No United lounge here :(:(:(

At least I will have some good reading material since I am in total withdrawal after 29 days on the Eclipse.

Norma

Off topic, but how is the lounge?  We're going to have several hours to kill there in February.  

Edward, I follow your live threads and am enjoying this.  Is it OK if I email the pdf to my friends who will join us on their first X cruise next month?  (They started cruising in 2017 after they told me they never wanted to go on a cruise and I found one for us to do together).

• Like 1

Thank you so much for reading the stories! I'm glad they're found entertaining! And abbydancer by all means feel free to share the PDF with whomever you'd like. Since this is a slow time of year at work for me I've started writing some more already so hopefully will have another set put together soon.

Cheers!

- Paul

Paul,  

Great stories!!  I always enjoy your live blogs and look forward to your future cruises.  Our next cruise on Silhouette is January 20, so looking forward to meeting new “friends”.  Thanks for sharing with all of us!

Sharon

This was a great read! Really enjoyed your stories.

I, too have had wonderful and sometimes very interesting experiences while cruising. I now wish that I would have written them down in such detail!

I believe that those of us who cruise, do so because not only are we interested in the world, but we love meeting others, both guests and crew. We treasure the new friends, the unusual characters, and those who can teach and enlighten us!

Looking forward to your next volume.

21 hours ago, Yoshikitty said:

Have we met you on Solstice in October?

Unfortunately that was not us. The Solstice is the one S class ship we have not sailed on!

19 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Can't wait to start reading your stories. I expanded your signature and see that we are on the same sailing on Equinox, November 2, 2019.

Thank you! We're looking forward to seeing the Equinox after her refurbishment!

18 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Great stuff. You must take fantastic notes, or have an incredible memory.

I don't take many notes, though I do have a really good memory for random information. When it comes to things I should remember for work or around the house I always seem to forget!

5 hours ago, chicagopaul said:

I don't take many notes, though I do have a really good memory for random information. When it comes to things I should remember for work or around the house I always seem to forget!

You are like my Son. I don't even argue with him anymore on his memory, he is "almost" always right. 🙂

Thanks again.

Hi!  I thoroughly enjoyed reading your stories!  You are so right in that we are all fortunate to be able to cruise and that a cruise is what each of us makes of it.  The people we meet, the crew, the places we visit, the whole experience just makes cruising the most wonderful time of all!  Life is to be lived and enjoyed—here’s to many more cruises for us all!