Don't flame me but ...

eastender

I'm really beginning to enjoy 'Cats'. 😉 Seriously, been on Oasis 4 times now. First time I didn't hate it but thought "no way I'd go to the West End and pay big money to see it". After seeing it more, I find all the songs getting into my brain. Sitting closer to the front helps, watching their catty faces and getting up close to the dancing etc. On board again next week and looking forward to another performance. Hope people give it a chance and not leave at the interval, seems so disrespectful and the second half is the best.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, eastender said:

I'm really beginning to enjoy 'Cats'. 😉 Seriously, been on Oasis 4 times now. First time I didn't hate it but thought "no way I'd go to the West End and pay big money to see it". After seeing it more, I find all the songs getting into my brain. Sitting closer to the front helps, watching their catty faces and getting up close to the dancing etc. On board again next week and looking forward to another performance. Hope people give it a chance and not leave at the interval, seems so disrespectful and the second half is the best.

Sit on the aisle, they really get up close and personal.  

Which is your favorite cat? 

We see lots of plays normally 4 on broadway each year and a few more in Dallas, cats is not my favorite play, did see it on broadway decades ago, but we were just on oasis and cast did a great job and we enjoyed it from beginning to end.

I saw Cats in Minneapolis many years ago and liked it.  I have also read the source material, Old Possom's Book of Practical Cats by T. S  Eliot from 1939.  I would never subject my Hubby to 2.5 hours of a musical however.  There are those he will go to (Book of Mormon, The Scottsboro Boys) and those he will not (Cats, Kinky Boots, Anything Fairytail).  

18 minutes ago, frank808 said:

We enjoyed Cats everytime we have sailed on Oasis.  On a b2b we would watch it 4 or 5 times.  If I had known you enjoyed Cats so much John, I would have asked you to sit with us last time we were on Oasis 🙂  !!

Always caught the Saturday matinee

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Do you have a source on that.  People onboard have been tight lipped

Just going by Oasis and Allures first drydock at 5 years when they changed out the broadway shows.  I would expect the same for this round of drydocks.

I know you are a fan however I’m guessing that even you would have to admit that Cats has not been well received by the majority of cruisers.

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just going by Oasis and Allures first drydock at 5 years when they changed out the broadway shows.  I would expect the same for this round of drydocks.

I know you are a fan however I’m guessing that even you would have to admit that Cats has not been well received by the majority of cruisers.

I would agree that it has not been well received,  probably the length.  What I've never understood is when folks say they can't follow the story.  The opening monologue explains the story.  

They could cut Jennyanydots, Gus, Brustopher Jones, and Skimbleshanks to get it down to 90 minutes.  It would still flow. Sir ALW probably said no.

47 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I would agree that it has not been well received,  probably the length.  What I've never understood is when folks say they can't follow the story.  The opening monologue explains the story.  

They could cut Jennyanydots, Gus, Brustopher Jones, and Skimbleshanks to get it down to 90 minutes.  It would still flow. Sir ALW probably said no.

He absolutely did.  Either the whole thing or no deal.

• Thanks 1