Do You See Your Loyalty Benefits Slowly Slipping Away?

Ramjet1997

On 12/13/2018 at 11:06 AM, Sunkissed Mommy said:

My experience has been "We don't do that on this ship anymore" as a response to certain C&A perks.  We just got off the Indy Monday morning.  I am Diamond and was given group 58 out of 59 for getting off the ship.  Not exactly priority debarkation.  In the past I have usually been given a single-digit group.  It wasn't a huge deal as we ended up carrying our own stuff off in order to get the kids to school on time.  But it can be annoying to see this stuff happen, I get it.

The first priority for assigning debarkation numbers is the time of your flight.  If you indicated private transportation, then you will be put in a later group.  It sounds as if your D status was overlooked in your assignment.  As one other poster said, if you tell your cabin steward or guest services you must debark the ship at the earliest time, then they will give you a lower number. 

If you were not notified to go to the D / D+ lounge area, then your C&A status was not taken into consideration with your assignment.  

3 minutes ago, pcur said:

The first priority for assigning debarkation numbers is the time of your flight.  If you indicated private transportation, then you will be put in a later group.  It sounds as if your D status was overlooked in your assignment.  As one other poster said, if you tell your cabin steward or guest services you must debark the ship at the earliest time, then they will give you a lower number. 

If you were not notified to go to the D / D+ lounge area, then your C&A status was not taken into consideration with your assignment.  

We always take our own cases off the ship at a time that suits us and there are always others doing the same 

11 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I read priority check in for D and D+ is donezo.  but an email I got today with my C&A rank lists it on there.  Who knows.  i'll bet on its gone 

The only thing that I read was that they took away the priority line through security for D+.  Totally different than check in.

6 hours ago, payitforward said:

It's all a matter of perspective. I would be more than happy with group 59 because I don't usually fly out until later. I prefer to sleep in a bit, and enjoy the benefits of being on the ship a little bit longer.

Agree, was actually 2nd to last person off ship last winter. Then 2 weeks ago was only 10 people left behind me, fight wasn't until 2pm so no hurry.. But when I first made Diamond 20+ yrs ago was the top Tier. Able to use the Concierge and that Status was Priority group off the ship. Used it then and was 2nd off ship...

Edited by ONECRUISER

9 hours ago, truckswain said:

Correct, they are a business and making money and looking at the dollar is what a company is supposed to do.

Yes, but while seeking out every dollar it can grab hold of,  RC should also be looking the effect this model has on its product and ultimately how it is perceived in the marketplace.  If i pay for Voom, i expect what is advertised; if RC advertises that through my loyalty, I  will receive "X" benefit, I expect that benefit until it is no longer an advertised benefit. This "key" will likely be opening the door to exacerbating the problems that already exist.

On 12/12/2018 at 5:01 PM, Ramjet1997 said:

It has become clear to me, and many others on this particular sailing, that loyalty to Royal Caribbean no longer means anything.....the benefits that come with being a "Loyal to Royal" are being slowly diluted....Only if you spend MORE MONEY and BUY your way into the benefits which were promised to many folks years ago.

Don't you realize that by being "Loyal to Royal" you've given Royal Caribbean MORE MONEY than most newbies who purchase The Key package?  You earned your benefits by paying for them through the cost of cruise fare over the years.