Cruise Critic Community
Keith1010

LIVE - WORLD CRUISE 2019 & MORE - A NEW ADVENTURE UNFOLDS - 12/15/18 - 5/21/19

A NEW ADVENTURE AWAITS - WORLD CRUISE 2019 & MORE.........

VISITS TO 68 UNIQUE PORTS OF CALL;

ACROSS 29 COUNTRIES AND FOUR CONTINENTS;

SPANNING 157 DAYS AT SEA AND ON LAND

Welcome to my live thread.

The stars aligned, and after careful thought and discussion we expanded our cruising plans well beyond the 2018 Crystal Serenity Holiday Cruise.  We combined several voyages into one including a change of vessels. An old adage was key to our decision:  “Don’t put off until tomorrow those things you can do today”.

Whereas we normally identify and book all back-to-back voyages at once this was not the case this time around.  In fact, on four different occasions we added voyages to the Holiday Cruise booking.  This resulted in some “firsts” for us which we will discuss during the journey.

This adventure represents our second longest cruise.

We board Crystal Serenity on December 21 for the 16-day Hawaiian Holiday Cruise.  At the conclusion of this voyage we sail round trip Los Angeles, with stops at California Coastal Ports and one port in Mexico.

The adventure continues with the 2019 World Cruise between Los Angeles and Monte Carlo. We remain on-board following the end of the World Cruise for three cruises visiting several Mediterranean ports-of-call.

After departing Serenity on May 4 we fly to Vienna, Austria for a pre-river cruise stay.  On May 10 we board Crystal Mozart for our first River Cruise.  This will be a ten-day round trip Vienna cruise.

As I have done in the past, I will post daily on this thread and will Blog.  (NOTE: When we join Mozart the live posts will continue on the River Cruise Board and at that time I will provide a link to that thread.)

I will also maintain a Blog.

The following URL will take you to the Blog.

http://www.followourtrips.com

To view the blog, click on the tab that says Current Blog on the navigation bar at the top of the home page.

We have added a welcome post.

We look forward to sharing this adventure and seeing several members from Cruise Critic who we have sailed with before and meeting some members for the very first time.  Hopefully, others on board will be posting.  They are most welcome to share thoughts here and/or on other threads of their choosing.

As usual, we welcome comments and/or questions throughout this journey.

I hope to post daily on this thread starting in a few days.

Wishing our Cruise Critic Community:

Happy, Safe & Healthy Holidays to one and all.

Cheers,

Keith

Bon voyage and safe travels to you and Anne Marie. I look forward to following along and especially with your river cruise, as we are taking our first river cruise in September in that area. (although not with Crystal. We are going with friends and they picked the cruise.)

Nancy

Have a wonderful time.  Looking forward to your review and photos.  Enjoy your adventure!

Keith,

That’s an adventurer and a half!!!!  Bon Voyage to you both, I hope you enjoy each and every part of it.   Will you be able to spend any time with your daughter and her family in Sydney during this epic journey??

Anne

Sorry that you debark just when I embark.  Looking forward to your comments on such a wonderful upcoming WC!  Enjoy!!

Enjoy your trip. Looks lovely. We will be on the April 8 th segment...a return to Serenity for us after 3 Symphony cruises.

Edited by Emdee

Awesome!! Good to sea you back to sea for an extended period Keith and Ann Marie....

Looking forward to this as your WC blogs are brilliant. Love reading and following along, thank you for doing this once again.

An amazing trip, you must be so excited! Looking forward to following along and being on board for 7 of you 157 days :classic_biggrin:.

I can't even begin to think of how I would go about packing for this amount of time away! 

12 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Whereas we normally identify and book all back-to-back voyages at once this was not the case this time around.  In fact, on four different occasions we added voyages to the Holiday Cruise booking.

Keith, we are so happy that we will be able to read of your adventures for months to come!  Lucky us!

I am wondering if, given the fact that you made separate bookings, will you be able to stay in the same room, or will you have to change at some point?

Wishing you and Anne Marie a wonderful time on this adventure, I know you will thoroughly enjoy it.

Bob.

Good for you Keith!  Best wishes to you both for a fabulous odyssey.  You're a seasoned pro at World Cruises, so while there may be a few surprises, I'll be most interested in your views on river cruising aboard Mozart.  For us, Crystal river cruising surpassed Crystal ocean cruising, which is a tough standard to meet let alone exceed.  I hope your experience will be likewise.  Bon voyage!

Keith

I will see you soon..

packing went for five suitcases

one for cold weather in Ca and later Paris

already enjoying the Caribbean on Oceania. Left snow  and cold for the beach

I am very much looking forward to following along with you on your latest adventure.

Thanks for taking us all along😀

I have just updated the Blog with another post.

Thank you Nancy, jimbri, Anne, Jonathan, Nancy, Camillus112 , Emdee, Dwight, fryee39, zoomerica , Shirin., Bob, MightyQuinn, Robin, and Kathie for your good wishes.

NJBeaglemom and MightyQuinn....It will be interesting for Anne Marie and myself to be Newbies on the river cruise and have enjoyed asking the questions.  :classic_laugh:    All the places on this itinerary will be new to us as will the experience of sailing on a River Vessel.

Anne…Yes we will see family in Australia.  The  plan is to get off the ship for a few days and fly to Sydney.  Good news is this is a short-haul flight compared to our visit vearlier this year.  When Serenity arrives to Sydney we return.  Coincidentally the day of arrival is our daughter’s birthday and it is an overnight so we will enjoy a birthday dinner on-board Serenity with our family.

Camillus112…. so sorry we will be leaving the day you board.

Emdee …I look forward to sailing with you. I really like that itinerary.  

Shirin…We look forward to sailing with you and Glen again next month.  It's also a very nice itinerary.

Bob….We will move rooms after the first two voyages. The good news is that the move will be to the room next door and Crystal will make  the move easy.  Nevertheless, our plan is to unpack a few suitcases to get us through the first two voyages and store the rest without unpacking them until after the move.

Robin, we look forward to meeting you on-board.  We’ve shipped most of our luggage and are taking a little less than we have in the past although it still represents a good amount of luggage.  😀

On 12/13/2018 at 4:17 AM, Keith1010 said:

A NEW ADVENTURE AWAITS - WORLD CRUISE 2019 & MORE.........

VISITS TO 68 UNIQUE PORTS OF CALL;

ACROSS 29 COUNTRIES AND FOUR CONTINENTS;

SPANNING 157 DAYS AT SEA AND ON LAND

Welcome to my live thread.

The stars aligned, and after careful thought and discussion we expanded our cruising plans well beyond the 2018 Crystal Serenity Holiday Cruise.  We combined several voyages into one including a change of vessels. An old adage was key to our decision:  “Don’t put off until tomorrow those things you can do today”.

Whereas we normally identify and book all back-to-back voyages at once this was not the case this time around.  In fact, on four different occasions we added voyages to the Holiday Cruise booking.  This resulted in some “firsts” for us which we will discuss during the journey.

This adventure represents our second longest cruise.

We board Crystal Serenity on December 21 for the 16-day Hawaiian Holiday Cruise.  At the conclusion of this voyage we sail round trip Los Angeles, with stops at California Coastal Ports and one port in Mexico.

The adventure continues with the 2019 World Cruise between Los Angeles and Monte Carlo. We remain on-board following the end of the World Cruise for three cruises visiting several Mediterranean ports-of-call.

After departing Serenity on May 4 we fly to Vienna, Austria for a pre-river cruise stay.  On May 10 we board Crystal Mozart for our first River Cruise.  This will be a ten-day round trip Vienna cruise.

As I have done in the past, I will post daily on this thread and will Blog.  (NOTE: When we join Mozart the live posts will continue on the River Cruise Board and at that time I will provide a link to that thread.)

I will also maintain a Blog.

The following URL will take you to the Blog.

http://www.followourtrips.com

To view the blog, click on the tab that says Current Blog on the navigation bar at the top of the home page.

We have added a welcome post.

We look forward to sharing this adventure and seeing several members from Cruise Critic who we have sailed with before and meeting some members for the very first time.  Hopefully, others on board will be posting.  They are most welcome to share thoughts here and/or on other threads of their choosing.

As usual, we welcome comments and/or questions throughout this journey.

I hope to post daily on this thread starting in a few days.

Wishing our Cruise Critic Community:

Happy, Safe & Healthy Holidays to one and all.

Cheers,

Keith

Enjoy every minute in good health.

We look forward to your usual outstanding blog.👍👍

Thank you Karin, orchestrapal, and Ivi

Ivi…Anne Marie and I look forward to meeting you and Bernd on-board Serenity.

Keith

What an impressive itinerary and we are excited for you both for many reasons.  This will truly be an epic adventure and we will look forward to seeing you along the way 😉

Thank you so much Ashley.  We also look forward to seeing you soon.     

We are excited to begin this new adventure and look forward to a pre-cruise stay in California before we board Serenity on December 21.

We have shipped most of our luggage and fingers crossed (toes too) we will see it on-board Serenity.

IMG_1455.thumb.jpg.a9d723bff3e4c4a16b4b4f7cdafd1a69.jpg

We received all cruise documents except for the River Cruise and will receive these via e-mail.  

For the Holiday Cruise we received the luggage tags and “Before You Sail Booklet” shown on the left of the photo.  The right side reflects the new booklet and luggage tags.  The luggage tags for Mozart are also in white but I didn’t include those in the photo.

990665931_IMG_1463(1).thumb.jpg.2df9d005e6b1b271171c159fbf3d0356.jpg

The revised booklet reflects the recent changes on Serenity regarding new dining venues and the renaming of The Crystal Dining Room to Waterside, Lido Café to Marketplace, and Silk Road to Umi Uma.

I hope to add a new post tomorrow after we arrive and get settled at our hotel in Southern California.

Blog has been updated.

Let the adventure begin.

Keith

Wow, this is going to be EPIC! I'll be following! 🙂 (Well, maybe not while I'm on my own cruise in January, but I might pop in to see how you're getting along...) 

Keith looking forward to your live blog, it’s always a delight to be following along.

Safe travels and have a wonderful cruise.     Jean.