Cruise Critic Community
Keith1010

LIVE - WORLD CRUISE 2019 & MORE - A NEW ADVENTURE UNFOLDS - 12/15/18 - 5/21/19

Keith,

RE the Supper Club vs Wside on BTO nights, would you say that, having done the Club once and seen the show, that that's sufficient and the expanded menu served in Wside is to be preferred on subsequent BTO nights? 

(Also my hips hurt just looking at those staircase photos.)

Keith and Anne Marie, I enjoyed your review of St Helena - what a beautiful island.  Glad you didn't attempt to climb any higher on the Ladder.  I'm not thrilled with heights so I don't think I would be able to have gotten as far as you. I want to thank both of you for sharing your adventure!

Just now, KenzSailing said:

Keith,

RE the Supper Club vs Wside on BTO nights, would you say that, having done the Club once and seen the show, that that's sufficient and the expanded menu served in Wside is to be preferred on subsequent BTO nights? 

(Also my hips hurt just looking at those staircase photos.)

For us I would say one  time is good  per  year.

We would do it  again but sometime next year.

Keith

Just now, jimbri said:

Keith and Anne Marie, I enjoyed your review of St Helena - what a beautiful island.  Glad you didn't attempt to climb any higher on the Ladder.  I'm not thrilled with heights so I don't think I would be able to have gotten as far as you. I want to thank both of you for sharing your adventure!

Thank you  so much.  The challenge  would have  been  going down the steps.  I   have learned that  I  could have gone back via the highway.  Maybe next time.  Well, not  sure.  LOL.

Keith

Keith, on my ship the internet does not support videos but I'm guessing you only went up a bit of Jacobs Ladder.  I think that's a good thing.  I was there in 2014 and walked the entire way, up and down, and my legs were quite sore afterwards.  I heard from a local that what I did was the proper thing and that people who go in one direction but not the other are affected much more than people who do it both ways.

Roy

On 3/21/2019 at 1:42 AM, MalbecWine said:

Can we hear some positives about your cruise?

Dancing at. Ight in two:bars . Some. Oval groups. Super great crew. My cabin and. Unblemished bath with jets,.

crew friends

Pre efectc cabin.  Yfrjetbbbb)

O

1 minute ago, ellbon said:

Dancing at. Ight in two:bars . Some. Oval groups. Super great crew. My cabin and. Unblemished bath with jets,.

crew friends

1 minute ago, ellbon said:

crew friends

I’m sorry, I did not understand what you said.  Please clarify.  I get it you are having a good time but some things are lost in the translation.

Roy, you are correct.

Of the people who I know how made it to the top some walked back down while others took the road that will take you back into town.

I was playing Paddle Tennis with someone yesterday afternoon who took breaks during the walk up and one time that included sitting for awhile.  He took the road back to town.

I wanted to mention that we were very fortunate to have spectacular weather yesterday.  St Helena is a stop that can be cancelled due to weather conditions as the swells can prevent tenders from operating.  It is tricky.  When our tender arrived it had to be tied down with long ropes.  While they  were doing this it banged several times at the tender pier. Thankfully  people  were good about staying seated.

Tomorrow stop can also be tricky.

Keith

ON THE ROAD TO ASCENSION ISLAND

We are  on the road to Ascension Island which if we make it would be our first visit there.  We have a lot of ground to cover (well ocean and ground) to arrive to this island tomorrow morning.

Last night was a very special evening for Anne Marie and myself which I will Blog about later.  

For the second night in a row we got to bed very late and for the second night in a row I did not need a nap to stay awake.   :classic_laugh:  I was up early today as my internal time clock served me well.

Today is a sea day with lots on the program including three lectures with two in the morning and one at 2:00 PM.  2:00 PM you ask?  Is that a typo?  More on that in a moment.

One of the lectures I am particularly interested in seeing which is being given by Ambassador Tony Leon on Africa and like the one from another lecturer should cover the increasing presence of China and the decreasing presence of the United States across the African Continent.  

The reason for the start of the afternoon lecture at 2:00 PM instead of the regular time slot of 1:30 PM is because at 1:30 PM the 2002 World Cruise will be announced at the Galaxy Lounge with a short video and hosted by Cruise Director Rick, Future Sales Consultant Paula Jean and Captain Birger.  

More later.

Cheers,

Keith

8 hours ago, ellbon said:

crew friends

Covfefe?

Is that you Mr President?

Although not a Crystal 'person' I always enjoy reading Keith's reports and pictures.  However.... I wonder if anyone can explain, without giving too much away, what is happening with this other poster who keeps spoiling this thread???

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Although not a Crystal 'person' I always enjoy reading Keith's reports and pictures.  However.... I wonder if anyone can explain, without giving too much away, what is happening with this other poster who keeps spoiling this thread???

Crystal is all inclusive with alcohol. 😳

I incorrectly said that at 1:30 PM today they are announcing the 2002 World Cruise.  I made a typo and it should have read 2022

World Cruise..

Keith

On 3/22/2019 at 2:28 AM, MalbecWine said:

O

I’m sorry, I did not understand what you said.  Please clarify.  I get it you are having a good time but some things are lost in the translation.

Too.. funny..wonder how much I drank! 

I know I have been dancing between the Cove and Pluse some nights.

Several people are dancing to Ana and Humberto. They seem to play  a huge mix for everyone. From rock to country to Latin. 

You had asked a question on what I loved about this ship. This is one reason alone.

Dec  2017 I spent all my time in the Ave due to Charlie James. This year I stop in to say hi to crew or sit  if tired from Pulse. To be clear at five feet the bar stools do not work for me. Yes, I know there are other chairs.

Last night stopped into Palm Court..no dance music..to say hi to Kasia. I was the only guest in there at about 1020. Two crew working the bar and two crew allowed in bar. Please tell me why keep it open at night that late.

Oh the ships idea of Jewish chicken soup last night was great. Loved the extra veggies. My Nana used less chicken in the bowl and I found I ate less chicken  too. 

What else do I love..my cabin. Prefect size and fit for me. I take jetted baths almost daily.

pool..being open past 7 at night. Yes, some cruise line I like closes the pool by 8. Some guests there hate that. Also everyone knows tiny cabins.

another thing I like is the show bad here is still seven men if I counted right. Love the pre dinner cocktail food in bars and cabins. Love that the standard room service menu larger than most ships. The soup choice mainly. On one ship I had two choices here I think four or five. I know this from having a cold and wanted soup only.

I saw the ladder and I so wanted to do this but the steps were to deep for me. If I had known about the road down. One guest said he got a ride down. Several crew went both ways. I did enjoy the church, shopping for crisps and getting the very cool blessing of seeing the upstairs of the hotel that downstairs is a tea room and a bar.

my pictures are always on Facebook and Keith can always share them. 

I hope it helps you see just some of the many things I do like here.

last week someone mention being friends with top officers on Azamara ..well I do believe it is the same here for long term cruisers. There are some crew here I like to invite for a drink or meal to say thank you or because they are fun but it is not allowed. The people I do eat with love sushi and we truly laugh together. 

I realized that Keith did not mention that to step on land tomorrow it will cost each guest $14 American. We have a landing card stamped. We can not hire a taxi, not climb some hill all the way.  If we do not leave ship we will not be charged. The ship figures it will know by checking where we clock out and in. So I will be on ship enjoying the ship.