Question about Regent Booked Hotels

DocJames

If Regent books a pre-cruise hotel, what kind of accommodation does the hotel provide?  Does the level of accommodation depend on the category of one's cabin?  And, if you are an elite member of the hotel chain, do you receive the benefits (eg. upgrade to club floor, etc.) even though Regent booked the hotel.  We have never used the pre-cruise option when sailing on Regent and would like to know what to expect on our upcoming Cape Town trip next week. 

The level of your cabin has nothing to do (as far as I know) with the accommodation. Everyone gets a deluxe room. Regent books very good hotels. If you're an elite member, the hotel does provide access to club (not necessarily club floor) and usually tries to upgrade you to nicer room. It doesn't always happen. Last year the hotel used by Regent in Rome upgraded us to a better room (there was no club at the Westin). The hotel in Dubai gave us access to club but room was a regular room. It all depends on the hotel. Naturally, you do not get points for stay. The hotel we stayed in Cape Town was very nice and centrally located. I can't remember the name. I believe they use a different one at present. Regent uses luxury hotels. Enjoy Cape Town. Is one of my favorite cities.

We have dealt directly with a few hotels after Regent has booked them.  At the Four Seasons in Sydney, we paid a nominal amount to upgrade to a club suite where they had fabulous food for breakfast and in the evening (plus an open bar).  

So, if you are an elite member of a hotel chain, I would send them an email.  They should get back to you before you arrive.

Have a wonderful cruise ..... the itinerary you are doing is one of our favorites!

58 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

We have dealt directly with a few hotels after Regent has booked them.  At the Four Seasons in Sydney, we paid a nominal amount to upgrade to a club suite where they had fabulous food for breakfast and in the evening (plus an open bar).  

So, if you are an elite member of a hotel chain, I would send them an email.  They should get back to you before you arrive.

Have a wonderful cruise ..... the itinerary you are doing is one of our favorites!

Thanks for the tip, TC.  As always, your advice is so useful and I appreciate it.

Regent says they don't provide reservation numbers, so I assume just by contacting the hotel and providing our names that they would have the Regent list of bookings?

17 minutes ago, DocJames said:

Thanks for the tip, TC.  As always, your advice is so useful and I appreciate it.

Regent says they don't provide reservation numbers, so I assume just by contacting the hotel and providing our names that they would have the Regent list of bookings?

When we contact the hotel, we give them the date and tell them that we are part of the Regent group of reservations.  That is basically all that we needed but different hotels could have different requirements.

Actually they have only alluded to the use of Westin Cape Town on the final itinerary (but with the proviso that they reserve the right to use another hotel if necessary). So I am assuming they will use The Westin and we will find out on arrival at the airport, I suppose. 

39 minutes ago, Focused1 said:

Actually they have only alluded to the use of Westin Cape Town on the final itinerary (but with the proviso that they reserve the right to use another hotel if necessary). So I am assuming they will use The Westin and we will find out on arrival at the airport, I suppose. 

I booked a room at the Westin months ago since we're flying in a few days before the pre-cruise safari.  When I saw the proviso on the final itinerary I called Regent and they assured me that we would be staying at the Westin.  I emailed the hotel yesterday and asked them to merge our reservation with Regent's reservation or at least block the room so we don't have to move.  I'm still waiting for a response.  

17 hours ago, azjoy said:

I booked a room at the Westin months ago since we're flying in a few days before the pre-cruise safari.  When I saw the proviso on the final itinerary I called Regent and they assured me that we would be staying at the Westin.  I emailed the hotel yesterday and asked them to merge our reservation with Regent's reservation or at least block the room so we don't have to move.  I'm still waiting for a response.  

We usually arrive a few days early and book the extra nights on our own. Never had any problem at the hotels. We did the same when we were in Capetown with Regent several years ago. The hotel was very accommodating, when we checked in. 

Sheila

On 12/13/2018 at 11:53 PM, jcruikshank said:

How far in advance are you notified of Regent’s hotel selection?

We have a forced overnight stop in LA and our hotel appeared on our booking about 4 weeks before.

We too are staying in Westin at LAX, so hope the soundproofing is good!!