The”show” is spilling out of Eden

cruisestitch

I had understood that the cast creates their own storyline prior to embarking the ship, so would it not be possible that the story one entertainment team creates is different from what another creates? Granted that would keep the storyline the same for a while, but when the team changes over (I know with another line the cruiseline performers (not the specialty acts that are on for a limited time and generally do the cruise circuit) embark and disembark as a team - I figured that was the same with all, but perhaps not) there could be a very different story.

11 hours ago, Mojogurued said:

The problem is you are trying to critically think about something you don't understand yet. Some things become understood not with critical thinking, but critical feeling. Celebrity looks like they're adding Crystalariums to the new ships for a reason. I would start there.

OK I guess I will defer to the non-critical thinkers here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some folks seem to be confusing the Eden show with a production show on the main stage. It’s not. It’s on a tiny round platform in the lounge area, with performers doing a few simple cirque kind of moves. Sometimes they’re suspended in the air. Very graceful and cool looking. We hardly ever saw it, though, because it doesn’t last long and isn’t always scheduled, except for later in the evening.

10 hours ago, TeeRick said:

OK I guess I will defer to the non-critical thinkers here.

Who's not a critical thinker? Some of us value emotional intelligence too. Some folks want cruising to always be the same and have their drinks and caviar with Frank Sinatra in the background, and some of us want to be challenged, with modern experiences and developments, with connections through all our senses and beyond.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BarbarianPaul said:

Some folks seem to be confusing the Eden show with a production show on the main stage. It’s not. It’s on a tiny round platform in the lounge area, with performers doing a few simple cirque kind of moves. Sometimes they’re suspended in the air. Very graceful and cool looking. We hardly ever saw it, though, because it doesn’t last long and isn’t always scheduled, except for later in the evening.

The platform  is gone..

It is a scheduled show.,..not as long as the original...mercifully.

Very well attended,,,crowded,,even up along the upper areas

There is a plot, characters with roles,,,singing....nice costumes.

The aerial and acrobatics can change based on skills of the current  cast.

Think high school creative arts assignment!

Not a great intellectual or cultural event.,but no harm to check it out. 

We came we saw we left!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Mojogurued said:

Who's not a critical thinker? Some of us value emotional intelligence too. Some folks want cruising to always be the same and have their drinks and caviar with Frank Sinatra in the background, and some of us want to be challenged, with modern experiences and developments, with connections through all our senses and beyond.

OK 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

In my humble opinion- - bad is bad- what you see, is what you get-- it is avant- garde.    It just isn't entertaining.  Has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence or sophistication.  We have different likes and dislikes-

Have you seen the newer and shorter show that probably started in April?  It’s about an hour long, no audience participation, more athletic and less dance.  We’ve seen versions 1 and 2, and 2 is a great improvement over the first Adam and Eve tale.

Edited by Oville

On 12/18/2019 at 6:43 PM, hcat said:

The platform  is gone..

It is a scheduled show.,..not as long as the original...mercifully.

Very well attended,,,crowded,,even up along the upper areas

There is a plot, characters with roles,,,singing....nice costumes.

The aerial and acrobatics can change based on skills of the current  cast.

Think high school creative arts assignment!

Not a great intellectual or cultural event.,but no harm to check it out. 

We came we saw we left!

Wow. Much different than what we experienced last February! Sounds fun.

30 minutes ago, BarbarianPaul said:

Wow. Much different than what we experienced last February! Sounds fun.

Maybe I would have liked the old performance and would have been nice to judge for myself to compare. Sometimes these scheduled formats and shortened time loses it's pizzazz. If I hadn't been caught up with the Crazy Caribbean Cruisers group at the time I might have been ready for an earlier sailing this year. I will still give it a try. If not, Virgin is trying new things too, and will probably go through their own shifts and changes.

19 hours ago, Oville said:

Have you seen the newer and shorter show that probably started in April?  It’s about an hour long, no audience participation, more athletic and less dance.  We’ve seen versions 1 and 2, and 2 is a great improvement over the first Adam and Eve tale.

I think many of us will agree with you.  The shorter the Eden show is the better.

We  only saw what they offered in EDEN  in Nov.. It was a new cast and was performed without the elevated stage..

It was nothing  groundbreaking and  inoffensive  enough for those who  chose to sit through it,  in the tiny chairs.

Costumes were nice.

In contrast,  the Mirage performance in the Club was outstanding and "fresh"      Do not miss it. Go early.  Seating is limited.

We also enjoyed sev of the theater shows...Hot Midsummer Nights Dream among them.  Very creative!

20 hours ago, Oville said:

not yet   Will in March

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think many of us will agree with you.  The shorter the Eden show is the better.

I like the fact that it’s now been scheduled and expanded. What I saw last winter was quirky and unique, just like the Eden venue, but I’m glad that it’s been developed further. If you don’t like it,  don’t go!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BarbarianPaul said:

I like the fact that it’s now been scheduled and expanded. What I saw last winter was quirky and unique, just like the Eden venue, but I’m glad that it’s been developed further. If you don’t like it,  don’t go!

Exactly. Watch these people are going to complain and try their best to get other folks to feel the same when they can just enjoy another part of the ship. Then if the show ever gets cancelled, they'll say that they finally got it at the 11th hour, and how unfair it was to get pulled.

13 hours ago, hcat said:

In contrast,  the Mirage performance in the Club was outstanding and "fresh"      Do not miss it. Go early.  Seating is limited.

We also enjoyed sev of the theater shows...Hot Midsummer Nights Dream among them.  Very creative!

Any idea which nights these shows are on as well as the times?  Need to coordinate  with dinner times so that we are able to get to the show early to get good seats.  Thanks

13 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Agree.  #Eden FAIL.  The skits are sophmoric and silly/stupid/weird/strange.  Perhaps if someone with talent that was over 5 years old designed the shows then perhaps they could have a quality show.  The show is not a coherent show.  Other ships have much much better.  They need someone with some talent to design the shows and get rid of the sophmoric Duh I lost my stick.  Duh I lost my stick skits.

Edited by NMTraveller

1 hour ago, Mojogurued said:

Exactly. Watch these people are going to complain and try their best to get other folks to feel the same when they can just enjoy another part of the ship. Then if the show ever gets cancelled, they'll say that they finally got it at the 11th hour, and how unfair it was to get pulled.

The problem with the Edge is that there are not many other places to go besides Eden and the Grand Foyer.  They took all of the good venues out of the ship.  If you take Eden out of the mix then that just leaves the Grand Foyer which is packed and crowded.  We went to Eden because there were not other places to go such as the Sky Lounge.  We thought that the entertainment in Eden was a flop.

Edited by NMTraveller

15 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Agree.  #Eden FAIL.  The skits are sophmoric and silly/stupid/weird/strange.  Perhaps if someone with talent that was over 5 years old designed the shows then perhaps they could have a quality show.  The show is not a coherent show.  Other ships have much much better.  They need someone with some talent to design the shows and get rid of the sophmoric Duh I lost my stick.  Duh I lost my stick skits.

13 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

The problem with the Edge is that there are not many other places to go besides Eden and the Grand Foyer.  They took all of the good venues out of the ship.  If you take Eden out of the mix then that just leaves the Grand Foyer which is packed and crowded.

We get it, you hate the Edge.  Your review made it perfectly clear you were annoyed over missed excursions.  Thanks for not say “loud and shouty.”

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Oville said:

We get it, you hate the Edge.  Your review made it perfectly clear you were annoyed over missed excursions.  Thanks for not say “loud and shouty.”

Thanks for reminding me about loud and shouty.  Ah yes the Grand Foyer.  AKA Party Central.  Quite a few others give the Edge low reviews on Cruise Critic.  

It seems that others have noticed the same deficiencies in the ship as I.  I wonder if Celebrity will ever fix them?

Duh I lost my stick.  Duh I lost my stick.  Still trying to figure out how this skit is fine theatre.  I have seen better acts on lesser cruise lines.

I just hope that they don't mess up the S class ships.

Edited by NMTraveller

12 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

The problem with the Edge is that there are not many other places to go besides Eden and the Grand Foyer.  They took all of the good venues out of the ship.  If you take Eden out of the mix then that just leaves the Grand Foyer which is packed and crowded.  We went to Eden because there were not other places to go such as the Sky Lounge.  We thought that the entertainment in Eden was a flop.

Lots of places to go on Edge. It is a huge ship with many public places like for example The Club.   Eden is beautiful and does not run the show at all hours so just don't go there during show hours if you dislike it.  Yes The Club is not a Sky Lounge direct-equivalent as it has no forward view.   But Edge was built that way from the beginning so it is not really a takeaway, just a difference.  You must have known about that before booking your cruise on Edge since you frequent these boards and post often. 

Edited by TeeRick