MOVE UP BID---PENDING??

healthworker

hello,

I put in a move up bid (made lowest bid) to upgrade from obstructed balcony to concierge class three days ago.

Sailing next Saturday.  I have not received a refusal email. Everytime I check the status,it says "PENDING",

There are no concierge cabins left for this sailing.

Do I have a chance since never received a refusal?  Anyone have any experience with "pending?"

Appreciate it!

4 hours ago, healthworker said:

hello,

I put in a move up bid (made lowest bid) to upgrade from obstructed balcony to concierge class three days ago.

Sailing next Saturday.  I have not received a refusal email. Everytime I check the status,it says "PENDING",

There are no concierge cabins left for this sailing.

Do I have a chance since never received a refusal?  Anyone have any experience with "pending?"

Appreciate it!

I  received pending for my cruise yesterday morning  & later in the day I received an email saying I had been upgraded to Aqua.  It also said that Concierge & Veranda has expired. My bids were just one up from the lowest.

Edited by If only

On 12/13/2018 at 9:31 PM, If only said:

I  received pending for my cruise yesterday morning  & later in the day I received an email saying I had been upgraded to Aqua.  It also said that Concierge & Veranda has expired. My bids were just one up from the lowest.

Which sailing was it for? How many days before the cruise did you get the upgrade? Our offer is also pending. 

sure you can bid on aqua, and all of the suites, but the higher up you go, the higher the minimum bid will be! to upgrade from obstructed balcony to concierge was only $50 as minimum bid, however no cabins available.  Much much more to put in minimum bid for a suite..

1 hour ago, m8zenblue said:

Ok, I understand how this works, but cane you or anyone tell me how far up can you bid, example, I'm in a Concierge, can I bid on any of the suites ?

If Suites are available it will show up on your Move Up bid email.

Hi. This Move Up thing is new to me, haven't cruise since May '17. If you're on a back-to-back, in the same cabin on both cruises, can you do a move up bid for both and specify you want the same cabin on both?

1 hour ago, sasset said:

Hi. This Move Up thing is new to me, haven't cruise since May '17. If you're on a back-to-back, in the same cabin on both cruises, can you do a move up bid for both and specify you want the same cabin on both?

I doubt it based on the way the Move Up bid process works.  You are only bidding for a single cruise, you need to submit your charge card information, and if you win the bid you are moved up.  You can not decline the Move Up.  It is like a blind silent auction.  (Assuming their is such a thing).

Edited by jagoffee

27 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Please let us know how this works out for you.   I've never been "invited" to participate in the move-up bidding:classic_unsure:

I read somewhere that if you don’t sign up for their marketing you will not receive the Move Up bid, not sure if this is true or not as others have said you have to be Elite or higher.

3 minutes ago, If only said:

I read somewhere that if you don’t sign up for their marketing you will not receive the Move Up bid, not sure if this is true or not as others have said you have to be Elite or higher.

I don't believe this is tied to Captains Club level at all.  From what I understand if you are withing 30 days of the sailing you can go to the MoveUp web page and enter your reservation number and see what you can bid on. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

The only tie to Captains Club according to the latest news letter is that if 2 bids are equal the person with the highest CC tier status will win the bid.

A few years ago there was a program where reduced fare upgrades were offered to CC members.  Not sure how or if that program really worked.  This program is probably much more fair since it is all done by computer to maximize revenue.

8 minutes ago, If only said:

We are Elite and have signed up for marketing multiple times, but I'm open to any suggestions

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

A few years ago there was a program where reduced fare upgrades were offered to CC members.  Not sure how or if that program really worked.  This program is probably much more fair since it is all done by computer to maximize revenue.

As far as I could tell, that program never worked for me either.  

We also received an invitation to bid for the first time.  Presently we have an aft balcony that we booked almost 2 years out from the cruise date.  I ignored the first email invitation as we love the aft balconies, but this morning I received a reminder.  I have to admit I am a little bit tempted as we've never stayed in a suite before.