Bermuda Wedding 2020

ericar593

Hello all! 

I am posting on behalf of my sister. She wants to get married in Bermuda on the beach in the summer of 2020. Her fiance proposed in Bermuda and he was also born there so it is a special place for them. We live in the Boston area, have a big family, and many of them already think that it is something that will be affordable and doable for them. We can't know for sure this far out, but there could be close to 50 people coming. She decided to do a cruise to Bermuda through Norwegian because it is more affordable than flying and staying at a resort. Our cousin is a travel agent and will take care of booking the trip for the whole family. It is important for her to have the ceremony on the beach and ideally the reception would also be on the beach. She wants a traditional reception. Cocktail hour, dinner, first dance, father daughter dance, cake cutting etc. The cruise is pushing her to do the ceremony on the beach and the reception on the boat. The problem with this is it doesn't seem possible to do the tradition reception activities on the boat. Just dinner (possibly with other cruise-goers) and then going to the nightly entertainment like everyone else. She is not too flexible with that and really wants a more private wedding like you would have in a hall at home.  I know it will be more costly than having NCL do the dinner since its already included. But it seems to be really important to her to have it private. So my question is, who out there has cruised to Bermuda and done ceremony and reception off of the boat? Any tips, ideas, tricks that you all have would be great. Also, what have you done in regards to insurance? Is there a wedding insurance company that you used? Or does the coordinator handle that? I have already learned that her first step is probably to talk with a couple wedding coordinator companies out there to get more of an idea what to expect. We are going to wait until after all the holiday chaos to really hit the planning stuff hard. 

Thank you for any and all help you can give us!