Debarking in Sydney questions

boulders

We will be arriving in Sydney at the Overseas Passenger Terminal on a Sunday. The cruise starts in Auckland and visits Hobart and Melbourne prior to Sydney. I've got Sunday night booked at the Marriott Circular Quay and would like to take a tour of the Opera House sometime that day after debarking. I'm just not sure when to book the tour. We've got a long activity that's planned for the evening, so I'd like to get to the Opera House early and rest at the hotel until it's time for our evening activity. 

How long should the debark process take? We'll be doing self debarkation. Am I right in assuming that there won't be customs and immigration since we'll have visited other ports in Oz prior to Sydney? Is it an easy walk, with luggage, from the OPT to the Marriott? I've looked at google maps and it looks to be a pretty short walk but it's kind of hard to see the sidewalks. Thanks in advance. 

3 hours ago, boulders said:

Is it an easy walk, with luggage, from the OPT to the Marriott?

You've seen the distance, and if that in itself is not a problem for you with your luggage (in other words, assuming that you have good rolling luggage which you're comfortable to walk with over that distance), then the terrain is very easy. If you're at street level at the OPT itself, you should be able to walk parallel to the water's edge and in front of the Museum of Contemporary Art. All of this is pedestrian area which should pose no problems. When you reach the railway bridge (ie Circular Quay station, with the Cahill Expressway roadway over the top of that), you basically just carry straight on into Pitt Street.

Yes, the walk to the Sydney Harbour Marriott should be quite easy. It's at this end of Pitt Street near Circular Quay.

Re the Opera House tour....there are many tours run during the day. I'm sure that they'll find you a spot even if you took the chance and just turned up to get a tour on the spot.

Here's one ...we do this transpacific run year for 6 years.

Stayed at Marriott 2 of those times. There where 3 couple booked together. We all met in lobby,  ask bell caption if we could borrow his luggage dolly for 15 minutes. (Gave him driver's license as security). Wheeled luggage to terminal and walk the dolly back and got driver license.

Self disembarking in Sydney is very easy we have done it several times off the Solstice. This ship normally arrives around 5.30 am despite what time is programmed and self disembarkation begins around 6.30 - 6.45. One can be at the CIrcular Quay Railway station by 7.00 am. This will give an idea of how much time you have from there to your hotel. ON the basis that most hotels will allow access to ones room around 2.00pm but will store ones bags until then for early arrivals I would plan a tour for around 10.00 am to take any pressure off you and have plenty of time to get back to the hotel for check in and rest up for the evening activities